romanticloaf said 10 years ago:

I am beautiful regardless of the number on my scale in the bathroom. I will wear what I feel makes me beautiful and I demand respect regardless of how much skin I am showing, how much I’ve had to drink, or where I went out last night. I am not the names you think you can call me, I am better than the hands you laid on me. I am a powerful, independent, strong woman who will fight against violence until I can no longer fight. I will educate regardless of gender or sexuality the benefits of a respectful, healthy relationship.
We are not objects, we are people and we demand to be treated that way.

Jess said 10 years ago:

Amen.

Sophie-Elle said 10 years ago:

I love this. Boys get praised as if they were Jesus himself by having intercourse with multiple girls. Girls get called whores and sluts if they had intercourse with even one. So what if a girl wears shorts and small tops? If girls are comfortable and happy with how they look, keep your nose out of it. I’m pretty sure what they do with their body isn’t going to hurt anyone else. If you don’t want to drink, smoke, have sex or dress in a certain way then that’s fine. But don’t put down girls (and boys!) that do want to, because if they want to then that’s fine, too.

Giavanna said 10 years ago:

if i could triple like this i would…

Deleted User said 10 years ago:

@cyvintage I dont think you should put down boys that have sex with multiple woman, I dont get praised like Jesus, infact we are really lonely, and in reality looking for the perfect woman instead of settling for something less and wasting time.
I believe its likewise for most woman who sleep around too, whether they know it or not.
In reality, we all just love sex, but we do crave something deeper!

I only call a girl a whore when she cheats on me, or well she is a “working girl”, and in reality name calling is what girls do to other girls, guys rarely care, unless they are boys or well have a lot of free time, I dont know if you have seen that yourself, but you must have heard what gossiping is;p

Caroline said 10 years ago:

@limitless, I don’t see your point on how Sofie is putting down men who have sex with multiple women? She just said a majority of boys get praised for having sex while girls get shamed? She’s not putting people down, she’s telling the truth. There’s a very clear double standard and it’s been there for thousands of years. There’s 220 words for a sexually promiscuous woman but only 20 for a sexually promiscuous man, (according to study by Cambridge University in 1995) if that doesn’t tell you anything, I have no clue what will.

Also, I think you should speak for yourself.
People do fight, regardless of their gender, yes but most of the slut shaming actually did come from men, who once upon a time undermined and devalued women.
I was bullied to the point where I nearly committed suicide and trust me, the one girl involved only followed suit because she was good friends with the four boys who started it. In reality, men started it. Point blank.

Other than that, beautiful post. True in every aspect, thank you for posting this. :)

Kirstin Lopez said 10 years ago:

Regardless of anyone’s desire to point fingers here, i have much respect for you because despite who causes the shaming, or any ideals on how you should behave and what it is okay to do to you and when, you are staying strong and saying “to hell with that” and you are extremely brave for that and i’m glad that you refuse to let anyone’s words and actions break your spirit and self awareness

You have no idea how much this means to me. I’ve been fighting to hear women of all generations cry out these words for as long as i can remember. You are you. You are amazing. You are Beautiful and you cant and shall not be defined by the ignorance of a person to blind at heart to see you for you. Keep positive. These words are powerful and inspirational and i’d love to hear your story if you wouldn’t mind telling me. Just message me :)

@carolinemxo well its all about time and change, for too long our thinking has been dictated on the past generations when its comes to certain matters, but change is constant. All we can do at the moment is shape the future generations:)
Imagine if all people collectively thought about progress and change, I think that such a society will exist someday, a lot of great minds are already advocating such ideas, but i dont think it will happen, till a serious catalyst for such a change comes into effect, who knows..

@Limitless Of course, times have changed and things aren’t the same as they were. I’m glad for that! :) I just felt the need to respond to your comment because I feel the things you said were untrue and I wanted to enlighten on the matter. I’m sure I came off as harsh and I didn’t mean to “point fingers” but this is our history and that’s just something that we have to deal with, regardless of whether we agree with it or not and like you said, all we can do is shape future generations.

nah you didnt come of as harsh, more like informed, there are people who are just sluts and they are always usually woman, its really hard for a man to be a slut, as talking to multiple woman and gaining their trust and then sexing takes first up a lot of work, and confidence, is very different from just opening your legs to any guy.

lets be real, since we discussing, ive had a guy who has walked in on his ex taking 3 “frat brothers” at the same time in a party in college, poor guy was broken for a while, and the best thing was the girl told him to join in lol, dumb psychotic bitch, and ive met plenty of sluts in my own life, that is just one of worst example i can think of, or maybe the time i slept with an older woman, one night stand and later i found out she was engaged, like you think shes not a cheating slut in the eyes of her bf?
Some people deserve to be called sluts coz thats what they are..some are wrongly named so, i wont lie, all my real bros think im a whore, but they are whores too, and i dont go spilling shit on who i have fucked, so know one really knows my sexual history in real life, if your open about who youve been with what do you expect, from people who are less experienced, to not judge you??

i just have a very high sex drive and all people dont get that, im trying to control it though, before it turns me into complete addict.
And this is just high school thinking here with some of these girls, some people are sluts, coz of how they act, not how they dress or the amount of sexual partner they have had, thats just petty, you dress in revealing clothes, coz you want attention lets be real, i dress good, coz i certainly want attention, i dont see it as a bad thing, what you do with that attention is what counts.
Let me give you another example,
A girl has had sex only with 3 men , had one bf but cheated on him twice.
A girl has had sex with 16 men, only one bf stayed faithful after breaking up, has had 15 sexual encounters
Who do you guys think is the slut here?

Slut, whore, ho and all the other derogatory slurs based around promiscuity are made up words to bash someone for using their own body.

Men have just as much sex as women and it’s none of your concern on who opens their legs to who and you certainly shouldn’t slut shame them for it. It is, after all, THEIR body. It has nothing to do with you. If someone cheats on another individual, they are a cheater. The word slut doesn’t and shouldn’t come up on that occasion.

Also, contrary to popular belief, people can dress for themselves, it is not always attention seeking. I have BDD and I like dolling myself up because it makes ME feel good. I don’t care what other people think. Instead of teaching people not to wear what they want you should teach people not to humiliate or judge other people for what they wear.

We were already off topic and now we are distracting from the lovely original post which had perfectly good intentions to uplift people. If you want to continue this, we can do it in private message because I’m sure the OP and everyone else won’t appreciate this dispute.

ye my bad, sorry ladies! :)

Deleted User said 9 years, 12 months ago:

@limitless i get what your trying to say but men are not the ones who get told to go “back in the kitchen” or told to go “make me a sandwich”. And most often girls only trash talk about other girls. I’ve heard maybe once or twice someone say “that guy gets around”. But throughout society people think its okay to throw around the word slut and whore for things a male could do without those consequences. Now im not talking about girls that cheat because men can do that too. Im talking about a girl who might wear a high-waisted skirt and a halter-top and clothes like that, who might be a virgin or even have not even had their 1st kiss yet! (they’re rare but real!) And yet because of something they wear, people think its okay to judge an categorize them. Like their not people ,but books. Soryy i was rambling…

but the point i was trying to get across is yes both men and women are at fault. But statics show that women are portrayed in society as the “inferior” sex. And are called more horrid names for sexual stuff, then men.

and thats not fair.