Lovelygirl12 said 10 years, 1 month ago:

So, I met my first true love in highschool and he was the player bad boy I was the opposite the quiet shy girl. we dated for about 3 years on and off we broke up about 3 times maybe but for only weeks at a time. I loved him I truly did we had the most amazing times together but we did not always get along I wanted to control everything where as he was just chill and relaxed and didn’t want to do anything to better himself. he was also a liar he lied to me once and that’s all it took for me to lose trust in him nothing was ever the same again. we broke up and stayed apart for about 3 months that had been the longest we were away from eachother we eventually came around to eachother again and got back together everything was going great he got me a promise ring and promised to love me forever then a couple months later I found out he had been talking to girls on dating websites and on the messaging app kik. it hurt me so bad still hurts me till this day I will never forget it. we broke up its been about 5 months now I’ve tried dating hes dated but again we came back to eachother he confessed to me he was sorry for what he had done he wishes he could take it back and he misses me. I told him I miss him too but we cant be together. that was the most hardest thing I had ever done in my life. BUT I still miss him every single day there isn’t a day that goes by where I just wanna call him up and say come over. I cant even think about other guys without thinking of him first i don’t know how to forget about him and let go and start dating again. how do i let go?

Deleted User said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I don’t think it’s possible to truly let someone go. But what I did and still do is just focus on something else instead of thinking about him. like when you think about him just force yourself to do or think about something else and soon you won’t be thinking about him. I hope this works for you

Jessica_love said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I liked a guy when I was a freshman. Me and my bestie both liked him so we told him to choose and we’d both be ok with the outcome. He chose me and we started dating. I knew he was a player when he told me to keep our relationship a secret. I was upset, but he was just so…forbiddingly irresistible. We never really fought, but there was sometimes a lot of tension when he would make jokes about me and a lot of other girls. He was a jack ass, but I lost my virginity to him. He made me feel so special. In the end, I had to break up with him because he was a bad influence and a cheater. We still talk and every time, it feels wrong. His cousin is now my best friend and she always teases me about it. No one even knew we were dating until the last day of school when I moved. :( I feel so stupid sometimes and it’s infuriating.

Jessica_love said 10 years, 1 month ago:

>:(

Catwoman said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Letting go is never easy. I’m actually really proud of you for putting your foot down and saying no to him once you found out he was straying! Many people find it hard to walk away, but you have already done that! :)
The only thing I can say is time heals everything. I’m still trying to let go, and it’s been a year! But what I’ve realized is that focussing on completely non-romantic things like sport, music or societies helps a lot. Spend more time with your friends and family and enjoy not having to worry about a significant other. There will be times where you just break down and remember how nice it was with him, I’m not going to lie. But when the feeling passes, you’ll enjoy the other parts of life and be happy with yourself! Once you’re happy with just yourself, everything else will fall into place xx

just Effy said 10 years, 1 month ago:

First love is powerful. It builds us up, and it can tear us apart. You’ll never forget that feeling. You’ll never get truly over it, even when you have convinced yourself you’ve moved on.
You never get over it, but you get to where it doesn’t bother you so much.

KellyMichelle:) said 10 years ago:

Take time for yourself. You have been stuck in this mindset that he is your one and only for years and you should take some time to try and get back to being you. Its hard but you never know what will happen in the future. People have this crazy idea about time when it comes to love.. like if it doesn’t happen right this minute then it never will… thats not true. Give it time and focus on doing what you love to do and what you want and if its meant to work out it will!