fark said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I just asked this question to the guys, want to know what the girls think too.

Have you ever, are currently, or in the process of really fancying someone you’ve met online? What’s the thought process like for you girls, do you actually anticipate having a real in-person relationship with these people? Even if you haven’t before, is it something you would ever consider?

Silent said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I have somewhat fallen for someone online before, it was always a nice thought to imagine one day flying and being together etc etc, but it was never something taken in all seriousness. There generally seems to be an unspoken expiration date, it’s hard not to get carried away in fantasy because the chances were slim that it would go anywhere, so the simplest way to put it is that contact was cut.

sophie123 said 10 years, 8 months ago:

A few years ago I met a guy online, he was the first guy I actually really liked. I know I liked him, but I think the fact that he didn’t actually know me made me like him more, just because there were no prior judgments, and I could tell him anything without worrying about him telling anybody. Both of us knew we’d never actually meet, and he slowly tried to lose contact just for that reason. He felt that the longer we talked the more feelings would get involved and the harder it would be not being together. I liked to think that wouldn’t happen so I’d convince him to stay in contact, but in the end he was right. So we never really considered meeting in person at all, I think mostly because I was only 17 and he was 18, so we wouldn’t have been able to happen without my parents, and they definitely would have never let me meet a guy I met online.

ShanLyz said 10 years, 8 months ago:

The last person I was in a relationship I had met online. Best thing that ever happened to me! You never know who is out there.

Deleted User said 10 years, 8 months ago:

*sigh*

Valeska said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I do value an in person relationship with people, even those I met online -whether I have fallen for them or like them as a friend. At some point, I would love to meet up and hang out with them too. If it is impossible, well I have no problem maintaining the friendship, but sometimes it would be fun to go out together.

Similarly, falling for somebody… at some point you might want to settle down or whatever.. and well then I suppose you would want to finally connect in person too.

SydneyAustralia said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I’m currently in an online relationship, going on 1 year. We have not met yet, but will be very soon. He is moving much closer (plans he had made before I came into the picture) and we both take meeting very seriously. I’m excited to see what comes out of it. Online to in-person will be a big jump, though. The Internet can be good and bad in that sense. I’ve always been paranoid that I come off as better looking or nicer on webcam than I really am, but I imagine that’s just my idiotic self esteem kicking in. I’m realistic. I know that I don’t know what he smells like when he wakes up in the morning or how he interacts with many people aside from me, but that’s what meeting is for.

alfallen said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Yes, ’twas a tragic tale of love and lust… still trying to work it all out now but the aftermath is devastating.

Deleted User said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Most of my relationships have been online ones, as bad as that may seem but personally I feel that online relationships are better, it gives you that chance to get to know a person better, yeah okay you might see pictures of them but you get to learn a lot about them as well if you guys connect, so then when you finally end up meeting that it could go well, but you also have to watch out for the fakes, i’ll talk to people but if I catch myself starting to get feelings for this person or getting too close to them I ask to webcam, things like that. But online relationships go good if you make the right choices (:

SydneyAustralia said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Check out the MTV show Catfish. That ought to make you wary, haha.

karla layne said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Sigh…Yes I have. We actually ended up engaged…then having a baby…but not working out. We are trying to work out our issues (barely) But i feel if its the REAL person…and its the real deal then go for it. I was super excited to finally meet him though :)

Zoostoo said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I guess I’ll put my own story here. As crazy as it may sound, I’ve been “talking” to a guy for over two years now (to be more specific, I think it’s been 2 1/2 years). We IM’d each other for a few months, then eventually confessed some feeling/infatuation for one another. Shortly after that, we started video chatting.

Fast-forward to now: we’ve had plenty of bumps in all of this. For awhile, I stopped talking to him, and I had a relationship with a local boy for a couple of months. Once I realized that ‘ship was absolute shit, I went back to my online guy; I figured out he’s one of the few that I can surprisingly talk to about ANYTHING at all. We slowly picked up from where we left off, and grew even more.

Falling for someone online isn’t something that I’d ever voluntarily want to do or aim for. For me, it just kind of happened. For the moment I’m not too worried about the in-person meeting; I’m simply happy to have someone to really connect with (the people around the area I live in are awful). I can feel free to share whatever I want with another soul, and I am happy.

LillyPanda said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I have actually very recently fallen for someone online through a friend. He lives 3 hours away. As cliche as it sounds, we clicked. After I got to know him and his past and he learned mine. We realized how alike we are. He’s like a male version of myself. We fell for each other and I helped him get through a huge problem that had been eating at him for years. His sexuality. I helped him come out as bi and it brought us even closer. We decided to give a relationship a go, and now, it’s still new, but it’s going amazingly. We met for the first time yesterday and it was perfect. I’ve fallen for him so much more and I know he feels the same, I even met his parents and his brother. It was perfect.

Rosebeltran208 said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I almost had a crush on a guy I chatted with on omegle without webcam. He was really funny and sophisticated and only two years older than me and I even gave him my email but then regretted it later scared he was probably a weirdo or something and hoped he didn’t save it. So far, I never heard of him since and like to think of him as a good person I met online strangely :/

Staceylou said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Yes, I have. Met him on Twitter after a game studio repeated something I posted, we have spoken daily for the past 2 years, we’ve met and have a long distance relationship. Seeing him at the end of the month, he’s the best person to walk into my life. He supports me through everything, he makes me happy. <3