Deleted User said 7 years, 3 months ago:

Ok, so thread is about the types of venters who really grind your gears. The ones that annoy me are the ones who ask for advice, but only want someone to reassure their already decided on plan of action. Basically, the people who only want to be told what they want to hear as opposed to how it really is.

Then, they have the nerve to disconnect before even thinking about the advice they were given. Geez. Anyhow, what are the venters that really irk you?

ジャスティン said 7 years, 3 months ago:

Not venters but I fucking hate listeners who are like “oh” as soon as they find out I’m a guy and stop caring or disconnect.

aside from making me feel worse it’s disgusting to think these people are probably just listening till they get some mentally vulnerable chick

eshapizza said 7 years, 3 months ago:

The ones that annoy me the most are the people who ask for my advice and when I do give them advice they say “You’re just a stranger you don’t know what I’m going through”….ugh, why ask for advice if you’re just gonna say that?

Modest Butter said 7 years, 3 months ago:

two kinds of venters i hate, people who think this is omegle, and the second is people who still think they are the victim even if its clear its their fault

Jess said 7 years, 3 months ago:

I don’t know if you count them, but the trolls mostly. Other than that, honestly I just get really tired of the 14/15 year old “does he/she like me!?”. Honestly, how am I supposed to know that? I’m not a mind reader. :P

rinseandrep said 7 years, 3 months ago:

@arcobelano That sounds like an awesome venter to me though, zero work.

I used to dread the “I’m xx years old and I never had a girlfriend, tell me what to do without knowing anything about me and by the way everything you say, I’ve already tried it or it just won’t work, trust me”, but recently a good guide about it was posted and I’ll just link that. (http://captainawkward.com/2014/08/26/617-all-the-dating-advice-again/)

Hearmenow said 7 years, 3 months ago:

Those occasions when you are in way over your head, and you try your best to help them by directing them to some articles or/and suggest them speaking to another listener, who then respond by “verbally” attack you and question why you are there in the first place because you can’t help them.

Like they expect you to know the answer to everything. Or the people who treat you like a “shrink” and questions everything you say.

Sayuri said 6 years, 11 months ago:

i hate venters who r here for sexting
and i hate listeners who stop in the middle of the conversation and go “oh sorry i have to go now”
why the hell did u start the conversation if ur in such a hurry.
its annoying when u have to repeat ur problem all over again to another listener.

Karacata Anam Cara said 6 years, 11 months ago:

I’ve never joined up as a venter, and I always try to stay. But the ones that get me the most are the ones that are only interested in hitting on you in some way. Find out I’m married then get told “Oh, then I guess I cant ask you to seduce me”

Ugh. That’s not what this site is for.

Deleted User said 6 years, 11 months ago:

I’ve never got any people who are trying to flirt or anything? I do get quite a few people being trolls though.
Venters who think they are right and just want someone to agree with them really annoy me.

Rain said 6 years, 11 months ago:

I can understand the venters who just want someone to agree with them. It’s because sometimes they need to be reassured when they feel they already have the answer. Sometimes it’s important for people to have someone else assure them that they’re right. Venters aren’t always right, but then again, it’s all a matter of personal opinions. Person 1 could say they’re wrong, while person 2 could say they’re right. If they just want someone to agree with them, then all they want is to be reassured that they in fact have the right answer or that they’re doing the right thing.

rinseandrep said 6 years, 11 months ago:

Yeah, but it depends on what they want to be reassured of: if it’s something unhealthy for them and the people around them, nope; if it’s healthy or neutral, sure.

Marzipan said 6 years, 11 months ago:

Being a listener sometimes means just listening. Maybe the venter is just in need of an ear to vent. You don’t have to agree, that’s not what listening’s all about. But giving a ‘solution’ is sometimes part of the problem. Reassuring someone that you are here to listen to them without judgement (even if it’s unhealthy and you absolutely disagree with them – which is also important for you to convey), might be one of the best things anyone has ever done for them. And you might just change their minds in the process.

L_D said 6 years, 10 months ago:

the venters i cant stand are the ones who want change but are unwilling to change in order for change to happen.

i don’t mean the depression and mental disorder type people, i understand that you cant just make a choice to be happy. i mean the people who tell me “their relationships suck and the people they are with keep cheating on them” type.

Steve said 6 years, 10 months ago:

Well, besides the ones who type for 10min and give you one giant story…..

The ones who ask for advice, but it’s not what they want to hear so they say you’re wrong and leave. Mostly teens, with issues with their parents.