Hazel said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I will never grasp why there is so much hate in the world. We are all human no matter what race, gender etc. and I wish stereotypes, racism and homophobia didn’t exist at all.

Love and peace x

Trebor said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Sorry, this is going to sound werid coming from a white guy but racism will never go away if it’s brought up all the time. I’m not saying that it’s bad that you brought this up but I just think that ever people quit talking about it it’ll go away. Maybe not immediately but after a few generations it’ll be gone. We need to stop sometime.

Яadia Hips said 10 years, 4 months ago:

wtf is one direction?

rinseandrep said 10 years, 4 months ago:

@trebor8742 How about if people stopped being racist instead?

Jess said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Racist remarks by 13 year old girls to people who dissed their favourite band is not even close to how much racism still exists. People who think racism is over are kidding themselves from their comfortable little bubbles. Those remarks aren’t even “extremely racist”, they’re just playing the race card.

Trebor said 10 years, 4 months ago:

@rinseandrep Easier said than done. Racist firmly believe they’re right and that other races are inferior or that they only do bad things or whatever. The point is: it’s very hard to convince every single one to “stop being racist”. It’s the same with homophobs they can’t and won’t be convinced so easily that they are wrong.

Deleted User said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I believe Racism stems from a general lack of education, and it is passed down through the generations from parents to child. I am sure as time progresses, and more people are exposed to the world through the internet, It will eventually decline. Take for example, homosexuality. It is still a controversial subject, yet it is slowly becoming more accepted as more and more people reveal themselves to be gay, celebrities included. Those anti-gay advocates will either accept the change, or die off and their children MIGHT accept the change. Either way, as time passes, it will be seen as a common occurrence. I believe racism will be eradicated over time in the same way, even if it takes centuries.

Deleted User said 10 years, 4 months ago:

@trebor8742 I don’t think it should be swept under the rug, as it already is. If anti-racists kept shut while racists continued, who’s gonna tell them it’s wrong? Slaves didn’t talk about it and that didn’t work out very well for them. It was talking about it that helped take a step forward. Putting stuff like this out there, I feel, is like when they broadcast-ed the hosing and beating of the black student protesters in the 1960s, letting the sheltered and ignorant and racists see what goes on or see what they are doing. Though ya, like Jess said it’s a tame version. The LGBT community has actually come along way because of being consistent in making known about the injustice upon them.

Here’s a conversation I had and saved with a lawyer friend. He explains it better. Worth reading. http://pastelink.me/dl/577f4c

Vituperative said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I don’t see anything wrong with the couple at all – they look happy and that’s what should matter.
(Some) 1Direction and Beiber fans are just fanatics who need to grow up and stop trying to defend these million-dollar musicians like they’d actually be grateful for these hateful comments. I’m not a fan of either but I think they’re giving the fan-base a bad name.

samiha said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Wow all that over a chinese person? Personally I think if other people can keep their mouths shut why cant you?

Deleted User said 9 years, 11 months ago:

more. yay!

bbblife42 said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Well I can tell you from experience, racism is hell. I am half Pakistani, I live in America, I am Ben and 15. And many other different races. But in elementary school not only did some of the students make fun of my race, but the one teacher was racist towards me. It is one of the most terrible things. Like if I grew a beard, which I can, and walked out in a robe and turban, because of my skin colour people in this country would suspect me of being a terrorist which is just stupid. It needs to stop and it probably starts by educating the kids at a young age.

Ivy said 9 years, 11 months ago:

If people didnt consistently speak out against racism we would never be where we are now. And we have a long way to go.