Dora said 8 years, 9 months ago:

I have been on here for almost an hour trying to find someone to talk to. The moment that I mention why I’m upset the person just leaves. I need to talk aout this with someone or I’ll never feel better.

The 25th, was the anniversary of the day I was raped. And It’s been really bringing me down, because no one remembered to treat me like a princess and tell me that I’m loved and beautiful and that I don’t deserve to be abused and I’ll never be abused again. Everyone forgot and ignored me all day. I sat around moping and everyone told me to stop moping, and didn’t ask me what was wrong with me.

Please I just need someone to talk to.

Wanderlust&PixieDust said 8 years, 9 months ago:

Hi sweetie, I signed up and sent you a friend request. You can message me any time you need to, for anything at all, okay? I’m sorry that had to happen to you, but you know what? You’re brave, and you’re strong, and you’re a beautiful girl, and I’m proud of you for not giving up. Maybe they’re afraid to bring it up because they think you’ve moved on and that bringing it up might make it harder for you. I’m here now, though, and I won’t let you be alone again, I promise. :)

Dora said 8 years, 9 months ago:

I don’t want to be told that it’s time to move on. And that I should be strong and move away from the pain. Why can’t anyone be sympathetic?

Swifting said 8 years, 9 months ago:

@Dora, I’m sorry that this has happened to you. I am very sympathetic. I’ve been through this. However, dwelling on the rape and the fact that no one treats you like a princess is not okay. It’s not healthy.

No one is saying it is going to be easy. We’re saying it’s going to be worth it. Being able to move on gives you freedom to realize for yourself that you are beautiful and loved without constant reassurance.

I know you’d feel better if you looked for and got help actively.

You cannot mistake these words from someone being unsympathetic. Because trust me. I understand you more than you know. It’s time to trust everyone else and yourself not look for pity. Pity will not help you.

Chels said 8 years, 9 months ago:

Dora,

Do you just need to talk to someone? A bit of positivity on an otherwise terrible day? I know it’s 3 days past by now but throw me a message, if you like, I’d love to chat. It would make me sad to think that someone out there felt so alone on something so important. Hope to hear from you :)

– Chels