flourishes1 said 9 years, 2 months ago:

Well, to begin, (im asian!) :P
i have had this problem for years now. while i am reading or doing random stuff..(even if i am paying my full 100% concentration). my brain seems to wander off and imagine random things(some of them you don’t wanna know)! :D
and sometimes when im at class at my University,even if i am paying attention to the teacher, My brain drifts off and i can spend the whole 45 minutes of the lecture in my own imagination.I usually snap out of it when the students start packing or when the teacher comes at me, also this happens when im reading,even though i am reading the book, it seems that my my mind goes blank and i could just sit there for hours, and this happens when i listen to music too. i can listen for hours and hours and imagine all sort of stuff , am i sick ? (i am serious about this).

Court21 said 9 years, 2 months ago:

If someone is trying to get your attention do you respond? I know some temporal lobe seizures it just looks like you are spacing off and a person can be trying to get your attention, but they can’t. I had these and it would happen where I’d “come out of it” at the right time, but they told me that’s what they would look like, but I never experienced them truly that way.

So what am i supposed to do ? go to a doctor ? :(

Well, it really couldn’t hurt you to. It could be temporal lobe seizures, it could be a form of ADHD, there’s really large amount of things it could be. It could even just be an “untrained” brain. But I would say if you want to see some difference I would go to a doctor and just ask them.

all righty! i will see a doc then!

No problem :)

Drakko said 9 years, 2 months ago:

There is NOTHING wrong with you, in fact your active imagination is a wonderful gift!

And going to your “happy place” in your mind is a WONDERFUL way of coping with stress. If it is becoming problimatic and that you can’t seem to concintrate or anything else try writing stories or poetry about what you daydream to get it out of your head, try to have a special time when your alone that you can sit and daydream, and when your working try to focus on what your doing and wait to daydream.

I find going to a doctor is outragious but if you think you need to go ahead, but he will probably tell you the same thing I just did :)

The reason I brought this up was because I always believed I was daydreaming myself. Then one night I had an actual seizure, not convulsions, but full on unresponsive. Personally, I hated my doctors over telling me my daydreams were seizures when my parents took me. But, since I believed they were always daydreams that is the reason I brought up temporal lobe seizures, but it very well could be just a lovely wild imagination.

Drakko said 9 years, 2 months ago:

@Court21
I don’t think daydreaming is responsible for sezuires, I daydream often and I have never had a sezuire from it.

Talk to to your doctor about seeing if something else is causing the sezuires, because I never heard of daydreaming causing that, there may be something else which is triggering sezuires.

The way I see it by saying “day dreaming causes sezuires” would be like saying “painting causes strokes”

Court21 said 9 years, 1 month ago:

No, he didn’t say they caused them. Oftentimes I just thought I was daydreaming, but I was apparently having a seizure. I’m seizure free now, but it’s a massive amount of confusing when it comes to that type of seizures.