Ruhoodenough said 11 years ago:

I’m really into getting between the pages of books. Reading is so wonderful, especially when i’m taking my bubble baths (x ! I’m almost done with this book i’m reading and soon i’ll need to find another companion.

Now books i’ve heard about but not sure if i should get, if you’ve read some of them can you tell me if its worth it?
- Divergent series
- The fault in our Stars.
- Art of War

Plus, is there any books you read lately that are to die for? If so, please comment and tell me shortly how good it was and what its about, but don’t tell me everything !

Thanks !

Melanie said 11 years ago:

TONS!!!! I have a lot of books. I will just list them here and if you want the background on any of them message me it will be easier. Most of the ones I will list are fantasy adventure and some are well known some aren’t. Divergent series is good. I’ve onlt read the first one though.

1. Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare- about shadowhunters and demons, love triangle, and there is a gay relationship but its just a side plot.

2. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare- A companion series to the Mortal instruments set in Victorian London. STEAMPUNK

3. INKHEART TRILOGY- I love this series way too much. About a girl and her father and he has a secret from her. A stranger shows up. (Dustfinger <3 him sooo much) and stuff happens. Of course there ia an evil villian who wants the last copy of a book and Mo won't give it up cuz he thinks his wife is trapped in it. GREAT BOOK!!!!!

3. The Artemis Fowl series- about a criminal mastermind who is twelve. It goes through his life and how he changes with plenty of fairies. (Holly Short) trolls, time stops, dwarves, among other magical creatures.

And many more to share. Please message me if you need more or want more information. I have so much more to say about these. :)

Love-and-be-loved said 11 years ago:

i know tons of books and i love all teh books both of you guys metioned so books i like are

1. the beautiful creatures series aso the movie just came out i havnt seen it yet though. its about a boy who keeps having dreams about a girl and noe day the girl shows up in his small town and things start to get really weird.

2. beastly. very good book. its like a modern day beauty and the beast

3. A diamond in my pocket series. its abouta girl who all of a sudden is very fast. she get taken to a camp where she thinks she is traing for the olympics but its a actually a place for extra special people.

i know tons more but i cant think of them off the top of my head but you can messege me for anymore.

Ruhoodenough said 11 years ago:

@ Melanie I have only read the first Ink Heart, and it was great ! Thank-you both i will totally look these up. Message me if there are any more !! @Love-and-be-loved

Melanie said 11 years ago:

OOH!! U so have to read inkspell then. U won’t regret it. I love those books so much. I have read them each at least four times. My favorite is Inkspell. I have plenty more… Like Percy Jackson (probly a little under your grade level and interest but I still follow them soo) And the miraclulous adventure of edward tulane. Amazing story and journey of a white rabbit. So many more. A series called Elsewhere is good. The spiderwick chronicles. The 39 clues series.

And The Golden Compass and companions, The amber spyglass and the last one which I can’t think of. The Land of Eylon is really good. U won’t regret reading those books. The Penderwicks. I have so many more. Magyk is pretty good but I didn’t keep reading that series. UGH!!!!! I will post more as I think of them :)

Swifting said 11 years ago:

Anne Bishop – The Black Jewel Trilogy.
Rosencranz and Guildenstern are Dead
The Hobbit
Interview with the Vampire
The Arabian Nights

TunaFish01 said 11 years ago:

Fight Club- “One minute was enough, Tyler said, a person had to work hard for it, but a minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection.”

Grapes of Wrath- “For man, unlike any other thing organic or inorganic in the universe, grows beyond his work, walks up the stairs of his concepts, emerges ahead of his accomplishments.”

Bhagavad Gita – “It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection.”

Damned- “What makes the earth feel like hell is our expectation that it ought to feel like heaven.”

Dune- “My father once told me that respect for truth comes close to being the basis for all morality. ‘Something cannot emerge from nothing,’ he said. This is profound thinking if you understand how unstable ‘the truth’ can be.”

Deleted User said 11 years ago:

The fault in our stars is the most amazing book you’ll ever read! Its so sad but its such a good read! :)

Deleted User said 11 years ago:

The Raw Shark Texts – Steven Hall
The Fuck Up – Arthur Nersesian
The Pale King – David Foster Wallace

Katherine said 11 years ago:

Hold Still – possibly the saddest book I have ever read, but it is so good at the same time

Willow – for anyone who cuts, this book may help you not feel as misunderstood.

The Wolving Time – Completely different genre from the first two, but it was a book about a shepherd family during the salem witch trials, and this family is actually a family of (good) werewolves. Except they turn into actual wolves, which I like more then people turning into weird looking wolf human hybrids.

Keeping You A Secret – really sweet book about a lesbian couple.

notmuchofanything said 11 years ago:

I haven’t read the Divergent series, but I’ve heard it’s good too! I heard it’s similar to the Delirium series, which I have read! Not sure if you’ve read it, but it’s about a world where love is a disease that, once you turn 18, have an operation to get rid of love completely. It’s about this girl who’s about to turn 18 and can’t wait for her operation, but she eventually falls in love, then BAM, dystopia love story. I really like it though!

If you don’t mind Stephenie Meyer’s writing style, I think The Host is pretty good. It’s a lot better than the Twilight series, and there’s a movie coming out based on it.

BubbleGun said 11 years ago:

The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
Sphere – Michael Crichton
The Magic of Reality – Richard Dawkins

Chels said 11 years ago:

I’ve not read the books that you listed, so I’m not sure what those ones are like.
But I try to tell everyone I can about these books! The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. They’re quite possibly the most well written and perfectly described books I’ve ever read. It’s a historical fiction, with a storyline based around a 25yr old nurse who wakes up to find herself in 1794. Beyond that bit of fantasy, the rest of it is loosely based on real historical events and the writer has done through research into almost basically aspect she describes in the book, right down to fashion, food choice, and medical aspects that would have been interesting in the 1700s. I absolutely love them, and would definitely recommend them!

Chwati:) said 11 years ago:

A Walk To Remember- Nicholas Sparks
Dead Beautiful – Yvonne Woon (i just started this book… it’s apparently pretty good)

Isabella said 11 years ago:

You should get Vladimir tod (series), those are wonderful and kinda changed my life, but they are sad.