loveholcomb said 9 years ago:

I have suffered with anxiety for about 7 years. I have some odd tendencies. I have never met anyone who has a ‘moister’ problem. People think they are funny and stupid. It is taking over my life.
Here it goes:
I have to wear socks at all times. I have to have lotion at arms length at all times as well. My bare feet can’t touch carpet because I feel like the carpet takes all of the moister out of my body. Anything made of cloth takes the moister out of my body. Every time I touch money, or water, or cloth I have to put lotion on my hands. I spend so much money on lotion because I am terrified I will run out and I will be left dry. It gets to the point where my mouth will become dry and my throat will close up.

I also have anxiety when it comes to school. Being in class scares me. I have HORRIBLE test anxiety.

I have been taking Effexor 75mg for about two years and bumped it up to 150mg in July.

I don’t know what to do. I don’t know who to talk to about my moister issue. It consumes my life.

FeatherLight said 9 years ago:

There are always therapist out there who can help you or people who had recovered from anxiety. They are much more experienced to this problem you have, especially people who got over their anxiety. People who had experience with anxiety will most likely be the best help.

Vickie said 9 years ago:

Okay, I am going to be slightly frank with you in saying that I don’t think you only have anxiety. I strongly believe you have OCD. Very deep OCD. What you are doing is called a ritual; you have this irrational fear of something happening so you repeat something to make yourself feel better. I can promise you that nothing is going to happen to you if you don’t put lotion on. Your body is made of water, even if your skin gets a bit dry, it’ll moisten back up on its own. The Effexor you’re taking is covering your anxiety but it’s not helping your problem. I have seen OCD and you sound just like it. Your best bet to stopping this lotion and moister thing is to one tel a parent and be VERY serious about it. If you need to, tell a school counselor or student therapist. Next thing is to go to a therapist that specializes in treating mental illnesses. They will put you on the correct medication to get you through this. You are not crazy, there is no moister problem, you have OCD and you just need to seek the right help. Once you do that, you will feel better.

Deleted User said 8 years, 8 months ago:

Yeah i agree with Vicki it does sound a lot like OCD, I dont think you are crazy, there are plenty of people out there with anxietys and OCD that are actually similar to you, some people just hide it well. x