It’s a Secret to Everybody said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I’ve always felt that a true gaming masterpiece should not only have good graphics and gameplay, but a story that can draw you in, and make you care about the characters, laughing and crying along with them – the same way a good book or movie can.

When did a game most affect you emotionally, and why? I’ve had a couple, and I’m curious to know who else has :)

Angel said 10 years, 2 months ago:

*SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN’T PLAYED SUPER MARIO GALAXY*

Well, it’s sort of lame, but I don’t play many video games, so the only one I can think of is “Super Mario Galaxy”. At the end, when my partner, as well as the rest of the lumas sacrifice themselves in order to save the galaxy after a star went super nova. I didn’t see it coming, so I wasn’t prepared to say goodbye. Plus the music was an emotional piece that was kind of a reprise from other parts in the story, and.. yeah. haha

This video doesn’t do it justice, but the graphics were beautiful. ♥

CatWithScissors said 10 years, 2 months ago:

2 stand out for me:
Mordin’s Death in Mass Effect 3, and “the scene” in Spec Ops: The Line. If you’ve played the game, you’ll know which part I’m talking about…

Knockdowncrazy said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Ahh I’ve played so many! But the one that has always stuck to me was Bioshock, if you get the good ending its just a whirl wind of emotions.

Here is the link just in case anyone is curious:

Niko said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Heavy Rain. I have never been so emotionally frustrated with a game. EVER. The ending and the twist got me and even NOW, it still shocks me. Like, how did I not see that coming!?!?

And pretty much any FF cutscene gets to me. Bringing tears to my eye since FFV.

Also more recently, The Last of Us. Heavy stuff that game. Loved it AND the DLC.

CGK said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Most Final Fantasy games… In 7, when Aerith dies. Also when at the end I thought lifestream killed everyone on the planet. In 10, when Tidus disappears at the end. I mean sure its got that little scene at the end where he is in the water but… still! 12… Fran and Baltier… 13, when Fang and Vanille sacrifice themselves! So Sad!

Krysten said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I never understood why, but the ending of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time always got to me. To be honest, most Zelda endings made me sad, but this one got me good. It was kind of upsetting for me mainly because after all the time playing, you have to use the ocarina so long, and you finally become an adult in the game. But at the end, you give the ocarina back and you return to being a child. That just always made me sad, y’know? Never understood why.

This was the ending:

It’s a Secret to Everybody said 10 years, 2 months ago:

So, I just realised I neglected to tell anyone mine XD

I have a few:

-A lot of Kingdom Hearts (particularly after beating Riku in KH, the end of KHII, and the end of Birth by Sleep)

-Blackbeard’s death in Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. No more needs to be said. The scenes between Edward and Caroline also affected me, partly because it was relatable for me. Also, the ending. Yeah, it had quite a few feels. XD

-Fable II – ‘A Perfect World’. Anyone who’s played the game will know what I’m talking about. It’s pretty emotional when you think about it ._.

-Oddly enough, in Prototype 2 – in the Red Zone, it’s possible to find civilians on rooftops, who will simply spread their arms and lean backwards. It’s a tiny little detail, but it really makes you stop and think about what the civilians are going through

Come to think of it, most of my favourite games tend to get quite emotional at times XD

Chrissy said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Every Legend of Zelda game ever. Hah, jk, sort of. I think the most emotionally impacting moment in a game for me would have to either be either the end of either Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, or the beginning and end of the Last of Us. Seeing Joel lose his daughter and the bond that formed between him and Elle. That whole game was wonderfully crafted.

Deleted User said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Nough my goh the end of The Last of Us. And also the start of The Last of Us. Just all of The Last of Us.

It’s a Secret to Everybody said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Am I the only person who hasn’t played The Last of Us? ._.

rinseandrep said 10 years, 1 month ago:

No.

CGK said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I own The Last Of Us but I havent played it yet

nkz said 10 years, 1 month ago:

First world of warcraft raid. I am sure anyone who played WoW will agree ;)

Suksor said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I really enjoyed FF VII Crisis Core. Just take a look at the ending.