Alvana said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I’ve been roleplaying for almost 7 years now, and it’s been a wonderful tool to get to know myself better over time :) I have played mostly Dungeons and Dragons (3.5, Pathfinder and 4.0), but also tried out other systems like World of Darkness, Shadowrun, and Cortex. I can safely say this is one of my favorite hobbies.

I was wondering if there are any other Tabletop RPG players in the group, and what systems you’ve tried out :) If you wanna share a favorite story from an RP session, please feel free to!!! :D

SamBurke said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I’m another TTRPGer, right here! Sadly, my experience has been mostly limited to DnD-likes, but I’d love to step outside the box and try some new stuff.

And I can’t really think of a good story… nothing really sticks out in my mind.

Alvana said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Woot, so nice to meet you Sam :)

I dunno, even tho I tried out other games, DnD stands out as one of my favorites, because it’s so versatile, that it ultimately really depends on your group and DM what kinda experience you get from it :) I also love Cortex tho, I’d recommend you try that if you wanna make the DM think on their feet hehe :)

secret mushroom said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I play runequest! Currently trying to start up a group of my own because I haven’t played in a while. Its definitely my favorite thing to do ^_^

Irish Gamer Girl said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I’ve been playing D&D for a while, also call of cthulhu and a few custom Rpgs. For stories how about you go first.

MemorableFriend said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I’ve only really played D&D as well as Pathfinder. So basically just D&D :P

I would love to try other ones though

My favorite story happened when I was a DM. One of my players had a spell to transmute useless metals into fake gold. His character was obsessed with this power so much that after every room he would ask how much useless metal there was in the room. Eventually I caved and had them find a room with a crate full of rusty old Pots and Pans. The Player’s face lit up and he made the biggest grin of excitement. His face made me burst out laughing.

Meanwhile, none of the other players had clued in that this was all useless metal that his gold obsessed character could transmute. So I’m sitting their laughing my ass off. The one player is beyond excited and everybody else just sat there confused for 30 seconds trying to figure out what was going on.

The story doesn’t actually seem that good now that I type it out but it is still my favorite moment

The Giggle Blizzard said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I’ve always wanted to try tabletop RPG and some of my friends have been interested to so I may just do so sometime!

Exia said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Ive played D&D for a while now. Recently, my group branched out into d20 Modern/d20 Future, which keep D&D’s versatility while making some improvements to the combat statistics.

A strange facet of my groups campaigns is their inability to use a store like normal, sane members of society. For example, in the d20 Modern campaign, two of the other players found themselves at a thrift shop. Not ten minutes later, the manager was dead and the store was burned to the ground. Though I guess when one of your characters is a mentally unstable anarchist, it’s to be expected.

Another instance was during a D&D campaign I was DM’ing over. One of my players wandered into a magic shop, and saw a potion on a shelf, which had no label and so the character had no way of knowing what was in it. So his solution was to sneak it away using his rogue powers. The problem is, he was a ranger, not a rogue. So instead he shot the manager when his back was turned, but only enough to bring him to exactly zero health, then grab the potion and run. And despite all reason, he pulled it off. I was a bit dismayed though, because if he had failed, I would have launched into a full re-enactment of the shop scene from Pulp Fiction. The one with the gimp. So yeah.

Irish Gamer Girl said 10 years, 5 months ago:

MemorableFriend, the gold thing sounds like something I would do. XD

AngelM said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I’m pretty mad for TTRPGs; I used to just play online using Maptools; now I run the local group in the town I live in ^^ We mainly play 4th edition, always a custom campaign since I try to get everyone to try DMing for themself.
We’ve only tried a Cthulhu campaign once so far. I DMed it. One guy got killed by being smacked out a window by a bed… Can’t remember if the glass or the fall killed him. Maybe both XD
When I had to stand in for my friend as DM, I recall they ditched the plot altogether and declared themselves “The Brotherhood of the Chair” after kidnapping some cursed chairs that set people on fire… That was the same session I was given the amazing quote “Evildoer, what evil do you do?” I told him off, but my god, it was so funny xD Especially since he was the most serious roleplayer.
I have many stories… Mainly proving what happens when you let someone unsuspecting DM their own campaign to be something amazing.
Since our group got funding we’re looking into getting actual published campaigns, so if anyone can recommend some good ones, let me know.

suit&fro said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I just started playing WH40K Only War with some friends, really fun stuff. Mostly because I get to drive a Hellhound flamethrower tank that has a *really* high chance of exploding without much provocation. I’ve got the highest single session player kill count, and that’s more than the GM. :D