Deleted User said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Hello everyone I am so thrilled to be in the group! I am a university sophomore student with a general psych major ( I am debating between I/O psych, forensic, or clinical..) I have already taken AP psych in highschool. Regarding my major, freshman year I took a developmental course, 1 stats course *will take social science stats in the spring*, and I have the list of required courses for my major at upper level. I have also made dean’s list (plan to make president’s list for the years to come). Should I be applying for internships? I feel as though I have no one to network with, I really don’t know where to begin or who to talk to. I can’t get workstudy due to my financial aid. Any opinions or can I get some advice? I want as much under my belt as possible. Thanks everyone :)

Michael. said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Talk to your professors and student advisers they should be able to provide the best info and advice specific to your university.

Jess said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I think if you have the options to apply for internships go for it! you can never go wrong with having experience and it will look good on your resume. In the end the best you can do is apply, if you get the job that’s awesome and you will gain so much experience from working with people that are professionals. If you don’t get the job you aren’t loosing anything, you can apply to other places or talk to university advisors.