Completely Unsatisfied Optimist said 7 years, 5 months ago:

I love to cook so I’m glad this group is here. So…what is your fail safe dish that you make for friends, family, pot luck, etc.?

Dora said 7 years, 5 months ago:

My fiance and I are about to go to a potluck dinner celebration for our Cantor of our Synagogue who is moving down to Florida. And I plan to make Israeli Salad. Really really easy to make, tomatos and cucumbers make up the basic veggies. You can add in red and green peppers too if you like. Mix together a dressing of Olive Oil and basil pour on top and toss. Nom! Also goes good in falafel.

Lee said 7 years, 5 months ago:

my fail safe dish is a slow cooked teriyaki tenderloin

Deleted User said 7 years, 5 months ago:

I’ve never cooked for friends but I guess my fail-safe dish is macaroni cheese! Not from the packet! I just need to learn how to make my own pasta so I could make the dish entirely from scratch <3

Also spaghetti bolognase :3

Ruhoodenough said 7 years, 5 months ago:

My fail safe dish is Pie. I’m a better baker than cook, so i take much pride in the pies i make (:

Gestrell said 7 years, 5 months ago:

I’m pretty good at making breakfast, meaning eggs, sausages,pancakes stuff like that xD, Wasn’t always that way though, practice makes perfect.

Odd One said 7 years, 5 months ago:

I make my own bread, and thats the only thing i can make without the possibility of burning the house down

Odie said 7 years, 5 months ago:

“Eggs in a Basket”. It’s a fried egg fused into the center of a piece of toasted bread, plus the little toast hole that you cut out of the center. Freakin’ delicious.

I’m learning to cook for real, though. I don’t have a failsafe dish yet, but the favorite thing I’ve made so far is what I made today: Penne Primavera with Avocado Cashew Cream.

Swifting said 7 years, 5 months ago:

I can’t cook I’m the maintenance person for potlucks. My fail-safe dish is the silverware, napkins, plates, and cups.

i love to cook. my fail-safe dish is vegan lasagna.

I have so many things I love to make probably my favorite recipes are those handed down from my mom. Scalloped potatoes, potatoe pancakes, hamburgers and homemade gravy.. sorry more than one.

Odie said 7 years, 5 months ago:

@swifting hahahahaha

roadtohappy said 7 years, 5 months ago:

My fail safe dishes are: eggs, pesto pasta, any type of salad, or noodles. :)
@Odie, OMG my mom started making me eggs in a basket a few weeks ago and i eat it a lot now, ahaha I didn’t know that was the name. I’ve been calling it “egg in the middle of toast”

Completely Unsatisfied Optimist said 7 years, 5 months ago:

That teriyaki tenderloan sounds mmmmhmmm. I forgot to mention mine. It’s German stew in the winter kielbasa sausage coined, potatoes, cabbage, onions and carrots. For summer I make a Lebanese salad with chopped parsley and mint, diced tomatoes and green onions, bulger wheat, olive oil and lemon juice.

Wallflower91 said 7 years, 5 months ago:

Id have to say my fail safe dishes are pasta or soup. I went to school for cooking, but those are still the safest things for me to make.