Deleted User said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Who are the players who have impressed you most so far?

Arjen Robben and Alexis Sanchez really impressed me but everyone knows that they’re both world class players.

But what about the rest? In every World Cup there seems to be a bunch of players who are relatively unknown, have a good tournament and suddenly their reputation gets enhanced.

Its early days but I like the look of Daley Blind (Holland) Hector Herrera (Mexico) and Jorge Valdavia (Chile) so far

xerxezx said 9 years, 9 months ago:

neymar, oscar, joel campbell(costa rica), raheem sterling,giovani dos santos

DJ Not Nice said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Admir Mehmedi (Switzerland) was pretty much the leading play-maker in the Swiss-Ecuador match, and he scored the equalizer goal :D Benzema also plays well, but he’s a top-class player already. I think we’ll see some good plays from Nani as well for Portugal, we’ll see against Germany.

Ricardo Rodriguez from left back was the star performer for the Swiss I thought, would love it if United signed him. Nani is actually my outside tip for player of the tournament here :D

Yeah Joel Campbell was awesome, a lot of Arsenal fans excited by him… Giovanni Dos Santos always turns it on at these tournaments only to go back to partying and crashing cars as soon as its over

Anette said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Have to say that the keeper on Mexico(Guillermo Ochoa) impressed me when they played against Brazil! Don’t know if he is just really lucky right now but he did some amazing saves there! And he is a free agent now, that can get interesting.

Yeah he was awesome, apparently he’d been awesome for his club side too before they got relegated. I heard without him they would’ve got relegated months earlier than they actually did haha.

I liked the look of Perisic for Croatia – I liked the look of him at Euro 2012 though. Kovacic looks impressive too

DJ Not Nice said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Yeah A.C. Ajaccio isn’t a really good team in the French league. I hope we’ll see some great saves from Lloris for France against Switzerland today, the French captain is Tottenham’s goaler ;)

I think if Ribéry wasn’t injured, France would have had an even more deadly team.

LoudnBlunt said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Neymar is improving greatly but the one who impressed me by far was Luis Suarez…his goals and shoots are so original and unique.
xx

Anette said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Yeah! Luis Suarez is an amazing player. How good isn’t it that he had this injury(and an operation) and is back (only after some weeks) and he is playing like he was never injured! He deserves to do well in this world cup.

Suarez is unreal. The intensity he plays at all the time, the way he thinks so fast and his ability to change a match in a second are all world class.

^the way he returned from injury is similar to Vidal for Chile. Great athletes, both of them.

Fearless Sink said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Luis Suarez for sure, the guy is on fire, Neymar and Campbell too are pretty good!

violet said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I’m NOT a fan of Messi, but the way he scored that goal today in stoppage time was indeed brilliant! Otherwise they would’ve tied with Iran, and Argentina fans would not be very happy.
Neway, I think Neymar was pretty impressive! Especially in the first match! I expected better from Ronaldo, but not a fan of Portugal, -_- :p

Campbell looks like a talent, like I said earlier, loads of Arsenal fans are excited about him.

Argentina are never great at World Cups (in my lifetime anyway) – they’re poor tactically and weak defensively – but if Messi can keep working his magic then maybe they can go far.

Actually Ronaldo rarely does it for Portugal, lots of Portuguese see Nani as their key player.