Bear said 8 years, 6 months ago:

I know you’re out there… who’s your fave character?

Seagoat said 8 years, 6 months ago:

Levi!

VatTheory said 8 years, 6 months ago:

LEVIIIIII or Erwin/Irvin

David said 8 years, 6 months ago:

How could I pick just one? I’d have to say it’s p close between Armin, Levi, Annie, and Mikasa.

SamBurke said 8 years, 6 months ago:

First, my fave is probably… Eren, actually. Yay for the obvious choice.

One interesting question a non-fan asked me: how does anyone other than Eren develop as a character? They don’t seem to change much, or have many “flaws” as such. It made me think. You guys have ideas?

Bear said 8 years, 6 months ago:

Personally I love Annie!

SamBurke, I think your friend is somewhat right. Many of the characters don’t really develop; many of them also don’t get much screen time except for in battles, when development really isn’t prime. Don’t quote me on this as I’ve just started the manga, so I’m just going by the show, but here’s how I see it…

*SPOILERS*

- Mikasa definitely develops. I wasn’t a fan of her at first because I just saw her as a protector of Eren, but she is so much more than that. She’s a protector of what Eren stands for — freedom from the Titan tyranny, and perhaps all tyranny — and this really shows when she saves all of the villagers from the titans by threatening the political dude who is plugging the gate with his grain supply. She is out of her culture in this place, the last of her kind so to speak, and has found a home with Eren. To her, he is everything because he is literally all she has — he is all she has to remember her old life with, and she owes him everything for saving her. So her loyalty to him makes sense; it isn’t brazen or ignorant or unnatural. And she has developed. Initially, she wouldn’t let Eren do things his way; now, she understands that sometimes he needs to do things dangerously and that he is willing to risk his life to save the world. So I’d say she’s grown.
- Armin also develops. Initially, he is under-confident when sharing his beliefs; however, he gradually becomes much more confident throughout the anime. As he becomes more recognized for his intelligence, his personal growth expands: he is able to do things he may never have imagined like catching Annie (incredibly dangerous). He could not have done this at the underconfident level he was at the beginning of the anime.
- Jean has probably developed more than anyone else. Initially I hated him. He was an assinine, weak jerk with nothing to stand on. He was a flat character. A bully. However, when he began talking (fighting) more with Eren, he changed. He joined the Survey Corps, for goodness’ sakes. And his relationship with Marco, who told him he was a good leader, is a prime example of character development. This was the reason for much of Jean’s development after the fact. He does what he does for Marco, the only friend he had; the only person who believed in him. He refuses to let Marco down. If this isn’t character development from the piece of crap Jean was in the beginning, I don’t know what is.

Raili said 8 years, 6 months ago:

ANNIE IS DA BOMB

Of Fans And Flames said 8 years, 6 months ago:

I hate to say Levi, as he seems to be everyone’s favorite… I didn’t care for him at first, but I can to admire him.

I also love Reiner and Mikasa.

Fleur said 8 years, 6 months ago:

Hey there! I really love Mikasa.

Anna said 8 years, 6 months ago:

Oh gosh… Christa and Ymir are by far my favorite characters even though they don’t get much screen time in the anime but in the manga wow so much heartbreak and it’s difficult but I love them so much.

Deleted User said 8 years, 6 months ago:

Yeah well, me too, LEVI <3 ;)
(He's on my mind whenever I mop the floor or vacuum or wash the dishes or clean up the bathroom or… yeah. :D )

Princen said 8 years, 6 months ago:

I’m terrible at picking favorites of anything, but I love Levi (yeah I know) and Hanji. Ahhhhh but then there’s Jean and Eren and Mikasa and Armin!!!!

Elanyeverywhere said 8 years, 5 months ago:

I love Historia and Ymir, but I also like Jean, I dont like Eren and i think Levi is cool

Deleted User said 8 years, 5 months ago:

I love attack in Titan :) I thought I was alone

Courtney said 8 years, 4 months ago:

Omg I really love Sasha, the potato bit :”) I also really like Levi