The Enlightenment said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I was listening to a song. There was a lyric.

‘We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?”
Song: We were meant to live
Artist: Switchfoot.

SO the question. Did we lose ourselves? Or is it all means human to lose ourselves (not much a problem)

Lauren said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I feel that we have lost ourselves. Most humans are too caught up in becoming part of societies “normal” and then beating themselves up when society will not accept them. We are our own people, and people stopped seeing that it’s okay to be ourselves. We lost ourselves, we lost ourselves to society, we lost ourselves to this cruel world, and most of the time we get lost in this world. We forget where we are going because we are too caught up in trying to follow the path that others make for us, that we forget that we have our own paths, we just have to forget what others think of us, and follow. There’s nothing wrong with being yourself, there’s nothing wrong with getting lost, and there’s nothing wrong with being different. Society wants us to be perfect, and if we aren’t what they’re looking for, then we are just the worst people in the world. We need to find ourselves in this cruel world, and some people do. Some people find themselves in another person, and some people get lost in others. It’s all up to the person to truly find themselves, if they’re not willing to do the work to find themselves, there’s not really much help that people can do. We have all lost ourselves, and it’s time to find ourselves again.

The Enlightenment said 9 years, 10 months ago:

You have spent great thought on this. I am impressed. So many bad things have happened in our history, it is just shocking to notice how people and societies have failed.

There is no such thing as a perfect society. The Roman Empire was to vast and had not had enough power to defeat the Germanic Tribes.

Ancient Greece was formed only by the concept of democracy, and had been defeated when democracy was not used (fall of Athens).

Even the United States of America will fall as people are becoming stupid and are not noticing the cost of ‘freedom’ and ‘their rights’.

The bigger you are, the harder you fall. Why not just live your life the best you can? (agreed to you)

*Congrats Lauren. You have reached the Enlightenment :^D

DJ Not Nice said 9 years, 10 months ago:

“We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?”

No context whatsoever. No answer whatsoever.

The Giggle Blizzard said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Everybody will always be part of society, in fact society is us and while I feel that people over the world are not encouraged enough to think on their own, to value knowledge, curiosity and to be open-minded I really believe that “Where did we go wrong?” is the backwards way of looking at things.

Yeah the world is not perfect, nor will it likely be, people make bad decisions, people follow the stream blindly wherever it takes them. Some people. Less people today than ever before. Life is not perfect, but it’s a lot better than it used to be.