Swifting said 9 years, 3 months ago:

“I Think I’m Pregnant”:

Symptoms of Pregnancy: http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-am-i-pregnant

This is a GREAT resource. IT goes over all of the symptoms: spotting, cramping, breast changes, fatigue, nausea, missed periods, and the lesser recognizable symptoms.

Other Pregnancy Facts:

YES you can have period and have a pregnancy. YES you can get pregnant even if he pulls out.
YES it is possible to get pregnant while on birth control.
YES it is possible to get pregnant without having direct contact, (penis touching the vaginal openings) thought it is highly unlikely.
YES it is possible to get pregnant via anal sex, thought it is highly unlikely. (I’ll wait for someone to ask rather than going into detail now.)

Truth’s about Pregnancy Tests:

http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-tests

http://www.webmd.com/baby/home-pregnancy-tests

Web MD comes through again they give a LOT of off hand knowledge about pregnancy tests and how they work. However; they don’t answer a lot of questions such as one I saw on the QnA earlier: “Can I take a pregnancy test even though I’m bleeding?”

YES you can take a home pregnancy test while you’re bleeding. You can be pregnant and still have a menstrual cycle. There are often directions available on the box of the home test as to how to test while you’re menstruating but you can certainly call the 1-800 number on the box.

As for brands of Pregnancy Tests – they’re not all created equal but they for the most part certainly are all highly accurate.

Yes, most drugs and alcohol can affect the pregnancy test accuracy.

If you suspect you are pregnant after taking a pregnancy test and you have a negative home test. It is always acceptable to go and follow up with a doctor. False positives and negatives; while rare do happen.

Questions or Comments?

Darien S said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Pregnant from anal…yes, I will be the one to bravely ask and I’m very experianced with the subject of sex, but I’ll also be the first to admit that I’ve never heard that one before!

@rainbowlove – the phenomenon happens when a male deposits sperm or pre-ejaculatory fluid along the openings of the labia. The labia naturally sweeps and contains the fluid and takes it to the vagina where it swims to meet an egg.

Like I mentioned above this is a HIGHLY rare occurrence but, yes it can happen.

@spiffykoji – this question I am not 100% on the answer to.

I did some internet searching to come up with an answer for you. According to:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/ask-dr-cullins/cullins-bc-5398.htm

“Does the pill cause birth defects when a woman stops using them?

No. The birth control pill has been on the market for more than 40 years. It has been under constant scientific scrutiny and is one of the most carefully studied medications ever used.

There is no evidence that the pill puts women at risk of having a child with birth defects — either while she is using it or after she stops using it. Birth defects do, however, increase with increasing maternal age, so women who are planning to have children later in life may want to consider preconception planning to evaluate their risks.”

This information and I could certainly be wrong. If you are worried about your plan for birth control, pregnancy, and the effects of the baby I would recommend talking to your physician about the possible side effects.

Hmm, I suppose it could happen. Maybe that’s how some people are born with a butt chin…it all makes sense now!

Just kidding of course!

JonasBG said 9 years, 3 months ago:

My mother has had a sterilizing procedure done a couple years back (I can’t remember the name of the procedure, but it is done by cutting the tubes leading the eggs into the womb). Before that she was using what is called a “spiral” for many years. It is a T-shaped piece of plastic with a copper coil wrapped around it. But with this contraceptive, supposed to be super-efficient, cause the sperms die when in contact with copper, she got pregnant twice. The first time became my younger and slightly annoying brother and the other time nearly killed her as the fetus started growing outside her womb.

So there is risk involved with that kind of contraceptive, but I think such mechanical measures are no longer very popular, so I guess it is not super relevant.

Deleted User said 9 years, 3 months ago:

@swifting has anyone ever told you you’re a star!?

I really wish they drummed this sort of stuff into us at school rather than the nonsense they actually do, as I know of a lot of people in my town either who were in my year at school or younger who the first one on that list would have been good for them to know. There was a girl just recently gave birth – went to the hospital with really bad stomach cramps, ended up with coming out with a baby! She had no idea the entire time, had no symptoms whatsoever and had her periods the entire time. They just have to play the waiting game to see if her drinking throughout the pregnancy has had any effect on the kid.

@jonas-blomberg-ghini – The procedure your mother had done is a Tubal Ligation. The product she was using before is also known as a copper cross or an IUD. Copper does not actually kill the sperm but it does lessen their mobility and damages them. The idea of the implant is to also block eggs. It was very common for them to fail which is why the modern IUD was invented.

You are VERY right. There is risk with every form of Birth Control.

@mysterium… AWE Why thank you. I’m certainly trying to bring knowledge to the people. Glad it’s not falling on deaf ears.

They are saying that people who are heavy drinkers or those who drink every day should not stop drinking during the pregnancy because it could harm the fetus. They do recommend cutting back of course but they have found that small amounts of alcohol are fine.

@rainbowlove – I laughed so hard! I know a few people with “butt chins” that I will be using this on later.

@Swifting Glad you enjoyed my little joke! *takes a bow* I’ll be here all week! haha