fromparadise said 7 years, 10 months ago:

Who are the people in your life that have helped you with your recovery?

Are you open about your eating disorder to most people? If not, with who?

Mia said 7 years, 4 months ago:

I am so lucky to have really great friends and family who are accepting of me as I am. I worked on this year-long school project with five friends, and during that year I felt so connected to them and so focussed on this boring useless project. They were wonderfully supportive when I gave up sugar for lent, one friend coincidentally was also planning to give up sugar so we did it together! Another friend gave me a big container of stevia (a sweetener), which I didn’t actually want, but it meant a lot to me and I was so touched that he was thoughtful and supportive!

I am no longer studying the same thing as them, and we’ve sort of dispersed around the country/world. But just writing this makes me want to reconnect.

My mom’s not judgemental (a requirement for her work) and my dad is a little more opinionated on many things but also doesn’t want to hurt anyone and wants everyone to have good lives. I’m pretty sure my mom knows I had an eating disorder even though I never told her. She read Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and said she was pretty sure Bridget was bipolar (before actually reading that she was).

PS: I use a pseudonym on this website, but if someone found it that knows me well, they’ll know it’s me. I’m not sure whether I hope they guess or not…