ghosted said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Share how you feel and your personal experiences about dealing with or knowing someone with Dyslexia.

Deleted User said 9 years, 10 months ago:

hey, literally all my life i have had people tell me that i should get tested for dyslexia but nothing was ever done. nobody really did anything, i was only tested for it two weeks ago After i had failed my English exam badly, in a way i feel let down, as if the english tutor at my college had realised i was dyslexic my exam arrangements would have been very different, and i might have stood a chance at passing.

luckily now at college i am now getting the right support and at the very least i might stand a chance with my November resits. Everybody at my college are really supportive, i just wish i could say the same about my family but there again they will always be judgemental

ghosted said 9 years, 10 months ago:

@lauren I have such a similar experience to you!

I kept failing my English and my parents were really harsh on me saying “why can’t you just DO it?!” I couldn’t explain why, the only excuse I had was “i just can’t.” They still don’t understand it but all my teachers/mentors are so helpful at school and at work.

I’m glad you have support and I’m sorry your parents don’t understand.

G said 9 years, 10 months ago:

girl u know tht would never would happened. instead being a helpful tutor. he was just horrible. n u would had a chance at passing if u didnt listen 2 a certain type of music all the time n if u didnt doodle. i should took ur pen off u more! :)

nottoofrosty said 9 years, 6 months ago:

dyslexia is part of my life it has follow me around for 53 year,i’m writing this using my tablets voice recognition software, hooray for technology, for without it this short note could of taken me hours, back in my school days there was no such thing as dyslexia, you were classed as a low achiever and put in a remedial class, you’d think that the teachers would get that we all had problems, oh no we would have to stand up in class and read aloud to our classmate, this usually meant i’d be standing there and maybe reading small words like and, in,the,but when it came to the long words i’d fall silent to the amusement of the rest of the class, these experiences stay with you for the rest of your life, the memories of them are etched no your brain, well time moves on and i decided to do something about it, so about 4 years ago i started reading fiction to date i’ve read over 100 books this has really helped me a lot in being able to read with more confidence but i still can’t spell to save my life, i believe it’s a never ending battle i will continue to read my books and hopefully improve, i will always be dyslexic, i am quite brilliant most things in life, even if i say so myself, i’ve got through life, i’ve been married i have two lovely children and lovely grandchildren, but i still feel i could of achieved more, it’s never too late hope this helps cheers.