Deleted User said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Who did you live with? How often did you see the other parent? What would have been your ideal way for Custody and Visitation to be handled?

Nettles44 said 6 years, 4 months ago:

I lived with my mom. My dad didn’t even try for custody aside from weekend visitations. My mom remarried and we moved out of state, after which I only saw my dad one weekend every month and an extra week in the summer and over Christmas break. My dad and step mom were emotionally abusive, and it was really rough for me. I always hated visiting them, and wanted to just stay with my mom.

emg said 6 years ago:

My parents have been divorced for like 8 years. I always have lived with my mom and preferred it that way. Like Nettles44 said my dad didn’t try for custody but I only saw him most weekends. My dad never did anything to harm me in anyway but I never really like going to his house.

I've waited said 5 years, 11 months ago:

My parents originally had us switching back and forth daily, but now they just have us switch every Sunday at 5 o’lock. honestly though, i think it would be better if, at a certain age, the kids got to decide which house they would stay at and which house they would visit once a month or so. maybe age 15 or something, i don’t know, i just know that that was always my least favorite part of the week.

natalierose said 5 years, 10 months ago:

I lived with my mom. There was no question about that. I had to visit my dad every other weekend. I honestly would’ve rather maintained my non-relationship with my dad. Would’ve prevented loads of problems and anxiety.

Leo901 said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

My parents divorced when I was 8 years old. I very hard survived their gap. My father picked me up for the weekend once a month. It was painful since I felt that I was betraying my mom. But on the other hand, I wanted to see my father. This situation left a bad mark on me. I grew up, got married, but my marriage also fell apart. And I am very glad that we have no children. We filed for divorce via online divorce service and separated by mutual agreement. Now all my relationships do not end very well. I can’t find my soul mate. And it seems to me that all this is due to the divorce of the parents.