SunnieAnnie said 5 years, 4 months ago:

I dont know if this is a place to talk about this,but the thing is that my BFF told me recently that she has this depression periods which lasts for like 3 weeks ,with pause of like 2 weeks in between for example.She was really depressed in 2012 and 2013(we havent known each other back then),but after she got better.At least i thought soo. The main problem that i have is that i really want to help her,becouse a care for her and her verry,verry much.Its just that i have no idea how,what to say or what to do to make it better.Ive never been even near depression and i have no.idea how she feels like.Soo i am asking anyone,can you please explain it better to me and give me any advice.I will really aprechiate it.
Thanx in advance

Hayden said 5 years, 4 months ago:

@traveler

Depression can feel different for different people.
But a way to explain it is that you’re stuck. You tend to feel low and empty. You lack motivation to do simple things, like getting out of bed in the morning, and things you usually enjoy doing lose your interest.

It’s a difficult thing to live with, and I understand how badly you must want to personally help her, but unfortunately, a lot of the time there’s nothing you can say or do to really make it all better. It can’t just disappear. That takes a lot of treatment.

So don’t worry about what you should say or do. Just support her; let her know that you’ll always be there for her if/when she needs you. So long as she knows that you’ll be a good friend to her throughout her journey with depression, you’re doing just fine. :)

SunnieAnnie said 5 years, 4 months ago:

Thanks for your advice