fallen killjoy said 9 years, 6 months ago:

why is it we (humans) are so attrached to familiar places? think of all the places we havn’t been yet we choose to go to places we already know.

apoetofsorts said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Fear of the unknown? That’s what I believe it is. Fear of the unknown outweighs the joy of visiting new places. In the past few years I’ve begun traveling with my sister and her husband, but if they decide to stop traveling with me then I’ll stay at home. That saddens me because there are so many places that I want to see, but I’m too terrified to go alone.

fallen killjoy said 9 years, 6 months ago:

i love adventuring. i love finding new places to be and chill. i honestly get butterflies when i discover a new place becuase its just awesome

Deleted User said 9 years, 6 months ago:

I don’t think all people behave that way. I read a quote about how we humans can roam the world, but we usually stay in a place called “home”. I found that pretty funny.

Here’s a deep thought: The existence of God or gods, and demons. So I guess this would be between aethiests and religious believers. So I ran into many aethiests who would think that every religion is screwed up, false, superstitious, unrealistic…etc. After a while, the religious person can’t really debate anymore, and I kind of find that sad, and some people started to trust the “reality” they see in front of them.

So into consideration: These people, like the aethiests I think, have this kind of mentality: No seeing, no believe. If i don’t see it, I just don’t believe it. To me, this sounds correct at somewhat a lower plane, but broadly speaking, it also has a lot of gaps. I gave a presentation in my class about this once, like in history, Aristotle told about how earth was in the middle of the universe, and everyone believed him, because they see everything revolving around them. Then Galileo came and told everyone that the sun is in the center instead, but barely anyone believed in him, and he was even forced to recant. I think society mainly gets influenced by conventional thinkings, and that’s what makes it harder for science to advance. What do you think about it? Another example is just look at your computer, if you told someone about this in the 1800s, how funny would that be. Everything we made today was pretty much unknown to us in the past, so what about the future? Could everything we don’t know yet really be labeled as superstitious or fake and unrealistic? This is where it relates to gods and goddesses or extraterrestrial beings. Namely, they exists in other dimensions, so there should be different kinds of structures in other dimensions. Here in this human dimension, of we can see the smallest things are from atoms, to quarks, neutrinos, and yeah. That’s basically what we’re made of, and what our molecular eyes our made of, so from my own “deep thinking”, doesn’t this mean that we can only see the scenes existing in this dimension of molecules and particles? And some things in science we think today could be wrong in the future. (what if there was another way to explain gravity in the future?). This is what I think, and I tell this to people sometimes on why they shouldn’t disregard the existence of gods in other dimensions. And to make it even deeper: I’m sure you heard about people who claim they saw heaven/hell, especially young children, like that in the movie “Heaven is Real”. So I read some texts a little bit, and this is my conclusion: Why can these people see other dimensions? What is the biggest difference between this deluded human dimension and others? I guess at this point, you have to believe in heaven in order to follow me. So anyways, this kind of relates to our own moral values. Like God as said in Christianity, or by other orthodox religions, they are merciful to human beings, and they offer salvation, a way for us to return to heaven, stuff like that. Basically, they are merciful and compassionate. What about us humans? I think this is pretty simple and common: We are more selfish, pursuing out goals in life, going after money, fame, we fight each other and we don’t like to lose, and as you can see now, in society, the toughest person is pretty much the role model. It’s even hard to be a nice guy now. So I think that this is a huge difference in this between us and gods. (dang, I never knew this forum could be so addicting to write). Now back to why some people can see heaven, like children, they are less contaminated by temptations and selfish desires we have as we grow up. We’re like influenced by sex, go after money, and even those who claim to be a faithful person in, let’s say, Christianity, I saw that some of them want God to do things for them, to fulfill their own desires among this human dimension! This place is like filth compared to heaven, so why ask God to do these things for you? So the heart of children are relatively more pure, and they probably are closer to the realm of heaven than we are. So once their nature aligns with that realm, they have the ability to see heaven. Of course, there are probably people who can explain this better, but boy i think I went pretty deep enough :) I hope I didn’t bore you reading this whole thing, I think it’s enlightening myself.