Beatrice said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Hi im a new member here. I really wanna seek advice from you guys.. Really appreciate if you could actually relpy to this.:)

i have dated this guy, we dated for almost 5months. He was a sweet guy, for that 5months there wasn’t a day that we dont see each other (he was the one doing all this efforts, he wanted it and insisted it) he would be bring me food to my apartment, meet my mom and friends. While on His part i only met his sisters, and his best friend and the girl friend. but still For 5months it really went well. I thought our relationship will go further, until one day i opened up to him, asked him about our status, he said he loves me, n he is serious to me but just wasn’t ready. He doesn’t want commitment, cause he still want the freedom to explore, or like finding himself (i just dont get it, explore? Like meeting other girl?). So then, we both agree to stop dating but remind friends. To be honest it breaks my heart, i felt like shuttering into pieces but what can i do, i cant force someone to commit, and love me the way i wanted to be loved. Although were still friends, i know were both sad and it went awkward for few months. We just contact each other occasionally.

After few months (maybe about 3), we started to hang out again, but not like b4, bit change (not the dating stuff), instead it was more like a friendly sporty hangout, we play badminton, went jogging, etc.. Until the day (last june) im leaving the city, going back to my province (by plane) to review for my dental licensure exam. Since im far, again we kept in contact occasionally.

Recently(just last saturday) i went back to the city for few days. I was with him again for my last night in the city. Ofcourse little catch up again, went Dinner, we went for movie (he is not a movie person so i was a bit surprised when he said lets watch a movie) and few drinks the usual things do before. When i thought were going home, we passby his friends, he introduced me to them. it was my 1st time to meet his whole group after all this year (as i mentioned earlier i only met his best friend and the girl friend of his bestfriend. And before when i ask him i wanna meet his friend he used to reason out boys night out, or nxt time blabla) so i was surprised again when i finally met them. It all went well, i felt welcomed, they even asked me “will we see you again?”

When we were on our way home, i noticed he was speeding down and he held my hand while he was driving. When we got to my apartment he hugged me, and kissed me on the forehead which he used to do it when we were still dating. Before i went off his car he gave me a kiss, n told me to study hard, pass my exam cause his teeth is waiting for me. I went off with a smile.

I wanna be honest, that i still have feelings for him. I just dont know if I’m just assuming or really he still have this feelings for me. But how would i know, or how would this make me understand if no words were said? And the problem here after our “stop dating” thing we never talk about our feelings. Its makes me scared to ask him. What should i do? What do u guys think about his action? And does he mean anything by saying “my teeth is waiting for you?” ? Im so confuse right now.

Tinay <3 said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I got the same experienced with my guy best friend years ago. It’s just that he has a girl friend that time. All the efforts, even fetching me from party, he is all doing it. I’m confused cause I fell in love for him and I don’t even know if he do too.

What I did was I stopped the communication between the two of us. I didn’t text him even if he does.

Guys will express if he’s missing you or not. Try to tell that there’s this one guy hitting you. If he’ll be jealous, then, it means that you’re special for him. If he is telling you to go through, that’s a signal for “it’s over”.

Some guys are really hard to interpret. Some are expressive some are not.

Communication will be the best key. Talk about it. There’s nothing wrong to talk about the things that bothers you.

@earsandfeels tell him someone is hitting on me? Haha! Well il try. i was his special someone back then, but ofcourse after the “stop dating” thing, i don’t know anymore. But i felt his warm tight hugs and sweet kissed on my forehead the last we see each other. Yeah, its really hard to interpret guys, most of them are unpredictable. Yes communication is the best key, i want to talk to be about that, but kinda scared too n i hope he will opened up too. Cause knowing him, he kinda avoid this kind of conversation -.-

Take risks beautiful lady and if it’s taking long in waiting. There are too many fishes in the sea. But remember, there’s only one bass.

@earsandfeels sorry lots of typo error earlier. Hehe! Yeah take risk. Il give it a try. And try to be patience, cause i know and i can see the good guy in him. Thank you this helps me a lot! :)

OpenTalk said 9 years, 8 months ago:

My dad used to say that there are only two things necessary for a relationship to work: timing and chemistry.

Sounds to me that the chemistry has always been there. If you want to try again, I would go for it. However, I would also stress clearly indicating how important communication will be to make things work. He needs to make his intentions just as clear as you make yours.

@OpenTalk i can feel the chemistry but yeah maybe the timming isnt right yet. You said commnucation is important, but its kinda hard for me now cause i have this feeling he is still not ready or doesnt want to talk about it. :( im in my province now, wont be seeing him for a while (maybe months). im hoping his feelings towards me wont chnge, and really if given a chance i would like to give it a try again. The last time we were togther (last saturday) he told me he is not dating anyone. As he said “my teeth is waiting for you” i hope he means that he is waiting for me (as i work on my priority 1st (not on him) )when i get back to the city.
Im not losing hope, but i dont wanna expect too much either.

@Beatrice, cheer up!!! xx