Emily said 9 years, 6 months ago:

To make a very detailed story short… I have fallen out of love with my boyfriend, who still loves me, and who I live with. Furthermore, I am very infatuated with our mutual friend who I’m certain feels the same. I can’t simply leave my boyfriend because I live with him and have nowhere to go but home, states away. I would lose my jobs, my friends and other things I cherish and that I worked so hard for. Despite my feelings for someone else (which I’m well aware may be a projection of my being currently unsatisfied), I do genuinely care about my boyfriend. I feel guilty, I feel like I am using him and being selfish and disrespectful. I want to continue living here with all my heart but I have never betrayed my morals to such an extreme level before. Everyone I trust tells me it’s okay, that I’m not a bad person for staying here, that I’m looking out for myself which is good… but my conscience still disagrees. I just feel like I need an unbiased perspective to help me deal, in any way, with this situation. Thanks for reading this!! Oh, and PS, cheating is not on my mind and I would never do it!

VpomRurd said 9 years, 6 months ago:

First of all, I’d just like to say good on ya for not even considering cheating, something that made me smile when I read it.

Secondly, whilst I agree it’s impractical for you in your situation to just up and leave, it is unfair to your boyfriend to keep him in the dark about the way you feel. Think of it this way, would you want your boyfriend to fall for someone else, whilst falling out of love with you, and not tell you?

There really is nothing simple about this situation but something will have to be said if you want things to change. There’s not really much more I can say other than that.

I’m sorry if this isn’t much help but I thought I’d give you my take on it.

Coco Moon said 9 years, 5 months ago:

DROP KICK THAT MOTHER FUKA u don’t need no bitch ass niggas like that no mo. u iz free and independent

KellyMichelle:) said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I really respect that you actually take the time to understand what you are feeling and you are being empathetic in this situation. Most people just say screw it when it comes to other peoples emotions. Anyways, It is a hard situation but my advice is that it probally isn’t the best thing to continue living with your current bf. I think that you should start saving up or making other arrangements (like maybe living with a friend) so that you are actively trying to create a new situation for yourself.. that way it doesn’t just look like you are “mooching” (for lack of a better term) off your bf who you don’t really want to be with. It may take weeks before you save up enough or find something to make a change BUT at least you can say that you had been trying to move on and you can still have your dignity and independence about it.