Deleted User said 11 years ago:

(◣_◢)Poet said 11 years ago:

First of all, you’re not unattractive. Maybe to some of the girls you’ve ran in to, but sometimes being attractive is just a matter of style and confidence. If you get anything out of what i say to you, get this: a rule in this world is that there is no such thing as a guy who can’t get a girl. I don’t care if you like like the bad side of Harvey Dent (Two-Face), you can STILL get a girl that a million other dudes would give their arm to spend the night with. So lets try to get out of your system that you aren’t attractive.

I say this because while women do like to be physically attracted to a guy, a big part of what turns them on with a guy is confidence and him having his own thing going on in life; i.e., leadership, if you will.

What are some of your interest, skills, or things you feel you are good at? Start to highlight those aspects of yourself. You fraken Sarkaar for crying out loud. The one and only. No one can be you. You can fail at imitating others or perfect being yourself, and i promise a girl will take note of this and chase you before you even have to think about asking her out.

The best way to get to this point is to do whatever you need to do in your life to start feeling good about yourself. Working out, learning a new language, taking up a new hobby; whatever. Because once you start feeling great about who you are, others around you will pick up that energy and want your attention (guys and girls).

People can pick up when you lack self confidence. Its the reason a lot of guys know how to take advantage of girls and how some girls get a guy to worship them. You are the king of your realm, Sarkaar, make sure you feel that way when you talk to anyone. This isn’t to say be annoying cocky, but understand your worth, that’s all i’m saying. If you feel like you aren’t worth much, then began adding worth to yourself, whether it be mentally strengthening yourself or as i said before, work on doing new things that make you feel better about yourself.

You’re money and you don’t even know it.

Wait, they’ve actually TOLD you that you’re unattractive? That’s a jerk move on their part, and I would tell you to put what those girls have said to the back of your mind, but I know that won’t mean much because it obviously affects you. From the sounds of it they might just not have been interested and went the wrong way about telling you that. I very much doubt that every woman is going to find you unattractive, so the first thing you need to do is work on gaining back the confidence you lost on these other girls telling you you’re unattractive and just friend material.

It’s not easy, but there are a few ways to change the way you think about your appearance and to improve your self-esteem it’s just a matter of finding what works for you. Realise that just in the same way you have your preferences and are attracted to women with certain attributes that women are exactly the same – it seems you’ve just been unfortunate and haven’t come across the ones that would find you appealing and be able to tell you that. I figure the guys will probably have better advice on how to deal with it, but for what it’s worth I don’t think you’re ugly or unattractive in the slightest.

I can help you man…message me

@poet thank you for your response it opened my eyes to some things. Many people have told me that confidence is something that I lack which is generally considered an attractive trait. You are right that I could be doing more stuff to make me feel good about myself I guess I had not thought of it in that exact way before. What I still struggle to get my head around is the whole issue of confidence and how to embrace it without faking and without going to far into arrogance. It is very hard for me to argue with the voice inside my head which is undermining me.

@littledeath thank you for your kind words. I don’t want to be too bitter or angry at those women it was probably harsh of them to say that stuff but I guess they were just being honest. People tell me that women have many different preferences I guess when I have been told over and over again that I am not attractive I started to form a blanket view about how people think so it helps to know that not everyone thinks the same way. I will try to keep it in mind in the future.

Mistyelf said 11 years ago:

Wow you have gotten some great advice here. Very thoughtful. I believe that once you find areas that build your confidence and you feel more comfortable in your own skin.. Everything will fall into place. Most women who are worth any effort know that beauty comes from within. What matters the most is how someone makes you feel when in their company. Looks fade, integrity, character and confidence are everlasting.
We all have those voices in our head . The negatives ones that creep in our mind at the most inopportune time… Sometimes it feels that they understand us . They don’t . Take all the advice here that you recieved and work on releasing all these negative thoughts. Focus on your strenghts and uncover what makes you happy. It will take time. I completely understand your situation.
Your time will come!

Ashley said 11 years ago:

Just a quick note: Maybe you should experiment with different styles.
-clothes
-hair
-shoes
When you wear something you’re comfortable in or you think you look good in, you’ll instantly feel somewhat of a confidence boost. And if you’re confident, other people will see it. Just give it a try. It’s not late to experiment!

Oh, that’s a really good point! Some might say you’re giving in to the whole judging a book by it’s cover but honestly when I make an effort to make myself look nice somehow it shows that I feel good about myself to other people and I don’t even realise it! Especially if it’s a new haircut because people tend to notice there’s something different about you.

I really struggle with trying to figure out how much emphasis I should be putting on my looks. Like whether focusing on it at all proves that I am not free of the judgments of what other people think of me, but not trying at all makes me feel very less confident. I guess right now I had just sort of given up in that department but you guys are right it might not hurt to experiment a bit!

I think somehow it’s the opposite – if you focus on the way you look for your own reasons you are slowly going to move away from caring about what other people think. Rather than go into a store and buy a shirt with the thought of ‘What would [X] think of this?’ go in there with the ‘Do I like this?’ – the more YOU you feel, the more comfortable you’ll be and I think that shines through. I know whenever I’ve had to wear clothes that aren’t me I really clam up.

Honestly, I never really cared about what I wore but then one day I realised I was holding back because of other people. The minute I started taking a little more pride in my appearance and buying clothes that I genuinely liked rather than ‘That’ll do…’ I grew in confidence. It was also a little bit of fake-it-til-you-make-it. I felt uncomfortable taking compliments (I still do even if it makes me feel good about myself) but people seem to respond well when you compliment them so perhaps that’s another thing you could do?

WillyB said 11 years ago:

Sarkaar, you have great advice but maybe this can help (I hope :) ):
The difference between self confidence and arrogance is easy: your X (opinion, rights, whatever) have the same value as any other one’s. If you are having a conversation you should not try to hide your opinion because of a selfconfidence issue. You are suggesting your opinion is not worth as much as the other person’s are.

Telling what you think is not arrogant. Telling that your opinion is more important that the other’s is arrogant. Just listen to the others, and expect the same in return.

About your style: everything in our looks is because of our decisions. Just show what you care about. Maybe you don’t care if your shirt is blue or red, and that’s ok and you shouldn’t change it because others think it’s important. But maybe you care about it being always perfectly ironed, and it will show. Maybe you dont like trendy haircuts, but you have your hair regularly cut, because you dont like it to grow long. Well, that shows too.

charityburbage said 11 years ago:

Hey there.
First of all, never let anyone tell you that you are unattractive. They just don’t see you properly. I’m sure they are just a bit more on the shallow side to see the nice guy that you really are. And, I’ve seen that you can help yourself a lot…by just accepting yourself the way you are. Love yourself and you will soon find someone who will see how amazing you are. :)

Deleted User said 10 years, 12 months ago:

@WillyB and @charityburbage sorry for not thanking you both for your advice earlier I didn’t notice these posts until today and I really do appreciate it.

i hear what you are saying WillyB I really don’t put my opinions equal to others, I tend to degrade my own contribution so I guess it is not arrogant to show my self respect. Also your advice about style was very helpful you’ve helped me understand that I need to focus on the things that I care about.

Thank you for being so kind charityburbage I’m really trying to love myself more hopefully I’ll get there one day.

Deleted User said 10 years, 11 months ago:

I’m so impressed with all of the great advice that people are giving you. I’ve looked at your picture I don’t think you are unattractive. You look shy and a bit uncomfortable but there is nothing wrong with your looks. I’d wonder what kind of rude women feel it’s their right to judge your looks. Are you a piece of meat? I’d say not. It’s the natural confidence that someone has that makes them attractive. A little flair on the outside that shows others who they are on the outside goes a long way. When you ask for compliments or encouragement you’ll attract those type of people that are bullies. Don’t apologize for your existance in the world. Everyone has the same equal right to be here and be proud of who they are and what they have to offer the world. Focus on you, your career goals, aspirations, dreams, the difference you want in the world and your charm will naturally show itself to others. Then you will attract the right people in your life that will treat you the way you deserve to be treated.