Shinning-Like-Stars said 8 years, 2 months ago:

My boyfriend of 10 months is thinking about an open relationship and yes we are still young I 17 in Feb and him 18 in Dec. I’m still in the indecisive mode if I approve of an “Open Relationship” or not. I understand it takes a lot of trust and communication. His reasoning is in his Human Behavior class they were learning how High School Relationships should be just for experimenting… Which I do agree to a point, with experimenting what personalities click and what you are looking for in a future partner. He says he just wants to go on dates with other girls, but him and I haven’t even had time to talk about it in person. So I don’t know how he could possibly have time to go on dates with other girls. I am just wondering what your thought is on open relationships and any tips/rules you would suggest for a high school open relationship situation!

Cadence said 8 years, 2 months ago:

be careful with open relationships. they leave room for a lot of hurt feelings if you don’t set VERY clear boundaries. and if both partners aren’t 100% comfortable with the concept, then it is not for you. I would suggest that you do not try an open relationship in a high school setting – remember, vicious gossip! also, it is difficult to explain to less mature people. emotions ride high in high school. maybe wait until you’re older to try the concept.

Invincible Song said 8 years, 2 months ago:

I agree with Cadence. You’ve got to be careful with that sort of thing. It has to be completely okay with you, because otherwise you’re going to get hurt or hurt someone.

Deleted User said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Might aswell be single. Open relationships are destined to fail and are for individuals that are not quite ready for commitment.
The main fundamentals for a successful relationship are trust and commitment.