Angie said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I just wanted to know what is everyone’s opinion on online relationships. On other sites that I’ve been on, most have said its a bad thing thats a waste of time. How about you guys?

I’m all for online relationships. I’ve been in two real life relationships which has brought me nothing but heartache and five online relationships (including my current relationship) which has brought me more knowledge as well as heartache.

Malfuria said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Hi! There’s a thread here where people talk about it a little: http://blahtherapy.com/user-groups/girl-talk/forum/topic/girls-have-you-ever-fallen-for-someone-online/

In answer to your question, I think it’s becoming more and more common and acceptable. You just have to apply a little common sense, hehe.

I’m with someone I met on Twitter almost 4 years ago and we’re literally from different sides of the planet, but we moved to be together and it’s awesome. Having said that, there are plenty of horror stories out there. Nothing is black and white ;D

Deleted User said 10 years, 7 months ago:

The one’s who’ve said it’s bad and a waste of time are probably negative towards the idea of one or have had a personal bad experience.
I believe that if two people are happy wherever they are positioned in the world, then they should go for it because eventhough a couple can be far apart, what matters is that they’re close at heart.

mullofkintyre said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I would just make sure both people in the relationship understand that since distance and other factors are getting in the way, that keeping up communication is SO key. It’s key in every relationship, but it’s imperative to Online/Long Distance relationships. I think they can work, it’s just different for everyone. Things like Skype to where you can actually see them and talk to them can be a great tool.

Dxto said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I do belive it possible to have a online relationship, but its a little bit harder because of the lack of intimacy. Both have to be sure what they are getting into and accept that at times may be hard, but if theres love and trust, there should be no problem.

hoop fairy said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Online dating is a really grey area. There’s no real way of knowing if you’ll have the serious spark in person, no matter how sparky you are online, and there ARE risks involved. I think you should talk to a person for a decent amount of time online before you meet them in person, and if/when you do meet them, do so in a public, safe place. But getting to know someone on a purely conversational level can have its benefits!

Vickie said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Online relationships are just as good as close real life relationships are. Personally, the online relationship I had was better than the face to face relationship I had. As long as the person can prove they are real and both people realize that you have to keep open communication all the time, online relationships are great!

vickywarlord said 10 years, 7 months ago:

i think it works. because we don’t have any physical obligation, we can hook up anytime when we are free. its good too because relax the mind, plus it helps us to know new people. and the best thing is that we normally don’t bother too much after online break ups.

snowrose78 said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I met my wife on a dating site Romance Compass
I’m a living example of that it works!

Angie said 9 years, 9 months ago:

thank you guys so much for answering, sorry I wasn’t active on this site…

Deleted User said 9 years, 9 months ago:

i think online relationships are just as good as irl relationships, if not better because you usually learn more about a person online whereas irl it’s harder to tell people things about yourself

Deleted User said 9 years, 9 months ago:

… ? [ http://vimeo.com/16167975 ,VS, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wG_sAdP0U ]= ?

is.it.joy said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Just like any other romantic relationship, its still a risk. You still put your heart out there.

Red Sheep said 9 years, 9 months ago:

It’s a risk.. With an online relationship one of the most things that become quickly a problem is trust. I had a bad luck in my first online relationship, because people (for not saying his friends) kept meddle in our relatioship. I was receiving fake messages from them, and so he did. We broke up pretty soon, tired of this situation, because we didn’t trust each other at all, and only months later we discovered what actually happened.

It’s a little hard keeping for so long an online relatinoship, that’s what I’m saying, especially after at least three months, but it’s not impossible! I know a couple that met online nine years ago and now they’re getting merried, so.. Never give up the hope!

Dark Rainbow said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I think online relationships have become more and more likely now in days. I think they’re good if you know how to handle them. you also have to make sure you’re not getting played and that on both sides of the screen you want the same thing. my girlfriend and I have been dating for a year and 5 months, we met on tumblr! I’ve never been happier with any other person. it is hard but well worth it! (: