Deleted User said 7 years, 10 months ago:

For those of you who do online dating and are interested, there is a bit of a marathon of a show going on called Catfish; playing today on MTV (America at least). It’s a real eye-opener about if who you’re dating is really who they say they are. And it’s not like that creepy dateline documentary show – it’s a more interesting than that. Just thought I’d mention it. :)

Яadia Hips said 7 years, 10 months ago:

aww dang, i don’t have cable. i liked dateline though, all those damn perverts. should go from the cop car to the hospital for castration.

anyway, what’s with online dating? all you do is chat…do you need to say you are dating to do that? even if its not about sex, nothing compares to the physical presence of another person being near by, in arms reach. to even bother with such a thing is like pleading for someone to make you feel special, which in itself is sort of a sign that you need to work on things.

Snooze said 7 years, 10 months ago:

Merica! Im from the UK so nevermind

@radiahips Some people strictly date online, and more often than not, those people aren’t who they say they are. Say, if you were to date a guy who was really popular, had a great college degree, very attractive, great painter, it’s probably just some girl in sweats sitting around pretending to be someone. It’s an attention thing for most. The show Catfish helps people investigate and meet the people they’re dating. I think only 2/10 people are actually who they say they are. It’s pretty interesting, you can look it up on Wiki or something.

@tommyp30 and for those of you not in America, here is a link to watch if you wanted.

http://www.mtv.com/shows/catfish/series.jhtml

Яadia Hips said 7 years, 10 months ago:

@spiffykoji, really creepy

Ooooh, I’ll have to check this out – sounds interesting! I’ve always found the idea of online dating a little bizarre when it comes to stories like that. I mean with technology what it is these days video chats are pretty easy to do, so I always wonder how people can say they’re doing the whole online dating thing after months (or sometimes even years) without even having seen them on a video chat.

@mysterium I think that the new season coming on tonight has an episode about a girl who’s engaged to a guy she hasn’t even met before. Very interesting indeed.

roadtohappy said 7 years, 10 months ago:

I LOVE catfish, and have been waiting for a long time! i’m so excited to watch this show tonight!

AjaxMarie said 7 years, 10 months ago:

Ok I have a question. Did you mean online dating, as in, what you were already talking about, people only dating ONLINE? or does this include online dating, as in, dating websites to help people find a relationship in the real world?

TurtleGirl20 said 7 years, 10 months ago:

That new episode of catfish the tv show was insane last night! : | How can your best friend since pre K do that to you? But I understand she did it to help her, but still you could have went on about it a whole other way, trust me. I am just happy that they stayed friends still, even though their friendship wasn’t like it used to be, which is understandable. Crazy crazy crazy! *smh*