PlantsandPhilosophy said 9 years, 9 months ago:

For a year now I’ve liked a boy. It started out as a little crush but kind of spiraled out of control as the months went by. I would tell him but he has a girlfriend and she’s really sweet and I wouldn’t want to ruin it for them. I know that I like him for more than just his looks even though I do find him attractive. I feel like I’m in love with him but I know that’s not true. A lot of people have told me to just ignore him and wait for my feelings to fade away but I’ve tried really hard and my feelings for him remain the same. Trying to like another guy doesn’t work either. I really feel like this guy is special.
What should I do?

kbpbc25 said 9 years, 9 months ago:

The situation you’re in isn’t an easy one. From the male perspective, I’ve always found it better when a girl simply explains that she has feelings for me, and then proceeds to say that she wouldn’t do anything to get in the way of a current relationship. If he feels anything for you, he’ll probably let you know. If not, you at least have the necessary closure to move on and find the right person for you.

Sercelis said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news, but that ‘special’ you feel toward him is a product of infatuation.

More often than not, infatuation causes oneself to believe that they’re the only one for another (It’s why many young people adore romantic movies because directors try to emphasize ‘love’ when in reality they’re simply infatuated).

The best thing for you to do is express your emotions toward him and experience closure as soon as possible. This way you’ll be able to move on and before you know it, this little thing which seems like the world, will become nothing more than what once was :) . good luck.

sharkvee said 9 years, 9 months ago:

It could be infatuation or love; but either way, don’t let other people tell you how you feel because the only person who knows that is you! I agree with kbpbc25 and Sercelis, though, being up front with boys is usually the best way to get closure, at least.