Lancelot said 10 years, 6 months ago:

So I was dating the most amazing girl (Magy). She was the most beautiful, funny, smart, brilliant girl I had ever met. Everything was going so well.

Until I messed it up, at a party a group of us were laying down watching a movie. I stupidly put my head in another girls (Beth) lap. Note that I have no feelings towards this other girl just friends at most. It was a stupid thing to do I know and I apologized. She agreed to give me another chance.

Then three weeks after this happened she (Magy) dumped me. She said that the feelings were gone and she couldn’t deal with pretending any more.

I was sad but things went along, she wanted to just be friends so I agreed and we continued to hang out. She (Still Magy) was giving me hope that perhaps later on we might get back together.

Meanwhile I was following here along like a lost puppy trying to win her back, she was busy texting my friend (Adam) all the time.

I began to get paranoid and thought she might be getting with him. I was pissed at my friend (Adam) for thinking that he could do such a thing to me. I got drunk at another party and began sending texts to yet another friend (Henry) and told him how I was considering suicide and wanted to kill Adam. Note I would never do either of those things it was just the alcohol talking.

Now Henry told her and she hates me. She says I’m being to controlling and that her and Adam were just friends. But she did say that she is starting to fall for another guy.

I want to move on, but she keeps giving me hope. She’ll compliment me, call me handsome. She even sent a photo of herself in underwear with the caption “Goodnight XXX”

I just don’t know what to do any more…

Exia said 10 years, 6 months ago:

It definitely feels like she is leading you on. She seems resentful and vengeful, though I have no idea where this came from (you said she was amazing before all this happened.) I’m suspicious that she doesn’t want a relationship again, and is just messing with you. If that’s the case, then it’s definitely working: shes turning you against your friends and yourself. No matter what the cause, it is vital that you get away from her, as it is clear that she is only causing harm.

rinseandrep said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Yeah, you are not her choice for a boyfriend, and you aren’t in a healthy mindset to be a friend, you should spend the time before this hypothetical third chance away from her, considering yourself free from bounds since she considers her so.

Nikkita said 10 years, 6 months ago:

What she did with the picture is wrong. Was this after she said she hated you? I kind of feel like she is keeping you around to go back to after she has had her fill of other guys, freedom, whatever. You seem like a back up boyfriend to me hun. I say cut all ties with her and find someone better, someone who is going to treat you right.

Lancelot said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Update:

Well it turns out she lied about another guy, she doesn’t have feelings for anyone else. She that to get me to stop trying so hard to get her back.

She said I was being desperate and paranoid. Looking back I was kinda coming off as a bit of a Psycho ex…

So I said that I’d stop being so needy and go back to being funny old confident me.

Now we’ve have this “Just Friends” thing going on.

But deep down, I still love her :/

One part of me wants to be just friends and win her back. Which I hope I can do now that I’ve realized how desperate and needy I was coming off.

But another part of me doesn’t want to be her friend incase she begins dating another guy. I know if that happens it’ll hurt me.

Ashley Webb said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Play it cool. Sounds typical but being that clingy ex pushes people away. I’m not sure there’s a single girl out there who likes someone with no other options, so act like you don’t have the feelings for her. She’ll either want you back, or if not, maybe pretending not to care will convince yourself that she wasn’t really the one – and being the same old, funny guy you used to be will attract someone else, someone better. From what I’ve read here, she isn’t really ready to date again whereas you’re looking for commitment.

ticktockbananarock said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I have never been friends with an ex, so I don’t know how it is like. But, I honestly don’t regret those decisions I have made because going back to an ex or even staying friends with them is like reading a book you already know the ending to. She may have that mentality of not wanting to ever get back with you, which it sounds like she does. I know you still love her, but please just move on and give your good traits to someone new because you deserve that. You deserve someone who wants you as well as you wanting them back. Maybe you should distance yourself from her, because having her too close in your life may not help you at all.

JoJo said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Echoing what has already been said here, but they’re right. You’re being led on, though I’m not sure why since she was apparently so wonderful prior to the party incident (which isn’t anything to be THAT upset over in the grand scheme of things).

I’d get out of that kind of relationship, even as “just friends”, if it were me. Best of luck to you and remember that no one knows what the future holds. Maybe after a few years and a lot of maturing* you two can get back together again.

*(Not implying you are immature in the traditional sense, but young love and love when you are older – late 20s to early to late 30s – is a lot different because of life experiences that change you along the way.)