CraneCrafty said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I’ve been with my boyfriend for 4 years. We both love each other and have great goals for the future and all.. but I often just feel like the spark is flickering. We both work full time and still live with our parents while we pay off college loans.

I’m very comfortable around him, but I just don’t feel that excitement and romance that I used to. I’ve talked to him about it, and we both can’t really come up with ways to make it better because neither of us has much time or money.

I don’t want to break up, but I need something to keep up going and bring the fun and romance back. Please help

kimi said 9 years, 9 months ago:

well,@Crane Crafty, the same was happening to me and my girlfriend too..we have been dating since 7 years and last year it started..so started doing different things to keep it interesting..we started meditating together..we gymed too..we met almost daily..tried various sexual pleasures..all this brings back the romance..it helps,really..we started keeping ourselves engulfed in couple activities such as spending the whole day watching movies and popcorn..played often..we even consulted a therapist..it all helped

n0ndescript said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Hi..this can happen in relationships…specially if you are staying with parents. You really will have to find time to bring the spark back in your life, or else, it will soon start affecting your relationship. try going on a holiday, somewhere close by. Maybe even rent a motel room and devote the time to just being with each other and enjoying the sex. try bringing back the spark by you know, having some fun in places you are not supposed to have sex.

Swifting said 9 years, 9 months ago:

My husband I experience this in spurts.

I understand that you two don’t have a lot of money but I think it’s important that you focus on getting something unique done together once a week. Even if it’s just going to a new coffee shop or meeting each other on your lunch break at work.

When the sparks fail you have to get a new fire going by mixing it up. And, in part; faking it for a little while longer until you can live together and make the big romantic gestures easier.

Bragnagar said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Well i’d say that try to do more couple things, even if they are the littlest things, and i’d also suggest you try to do things that you did when you were starting, like in the first year, try to bring back that innocence, that spark you used to have in the beginning of you relationship.

Best of luck.