boyproblems said 10 years, 6 months ago:

We’ve been broken up for a little while now. Only a few weeks after we were done she ended up getting a new boyfriend, but we were acting as friends for a month and a half after. Then out of nowhere basically she said we needed to stop talking. Telling me a few days later that she does still want to be friends but thinks we cannot be friends until I am over everything. I have had days recently where I have been super happy and everything, but then days like today where I miss her so much. I don’t want to be back with her, I just miss her so much. How do I stop?

JooMoo said 10 years, 6 months ago:

If she won’t spend her time on you, then don’t spend your time thinking about her. Obviously she wasn’t the perfect fit for you and just look forward. If you keep looking back you wont go places! And it’s always good to look to the future and focus on a better goal!

Ashley Webb said 10 years, 6 months ago:

The best way to get over an ex is to distract yourself. My favourite way to do that is to get a few close friends, rent a houseboat for a weekend, bring some alcohol/ swimmers/ fishing rods/ anything else and camp out on a lake. Play loud music, have fun, and don’t let her in your head. Other ways I’ve done it is to get out of the house – volunteering at homeless shelters or animal rescue shelters make you feel better about yourself. It’s not just her you need to “forget”, but to also mend yourself.

Deleted User said 10 years, 6 months ago:

In my opinion and personal experiencw it’s better for you to distance yourself and destract yourself from anything involving her. You may miss her a lot to thw point where it drives you crazy but the only way to help you with that is to make time for yourself to get yourself back together, because if you constently talk even as friends you won’t get a ny progress in moving on you’ll only keep building feelings which won’t do anything but harm yourself. It may suck not talking but its better than feeling down.

boyproblems said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Thanks for all the advice everyone :) I’ve tried a lot of this, and tried to be in the mindset that I lost but its her loss. But still feelings and sadness win in the end. Yes it does suck not talking , and I think that’s mostly the reason that I am feeling as bad as I am at this point. I was feeling better when we were even still just talking as friends. I have good days and bad days, but they seem to be all just mushed together around missing her. She was such a big part of my life and now she just not even in my life.