Deleted User said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Nvm

Daniela said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Not to sound horrible or anything, but it seems like the relationship is going down hill.
If he’s never been like that before then something is obviously going on. Try talking to him about how he feels try telling him that you’re feeling hurt with his actions.
Try to show him you care also, buy him a gift, buy him a watch or buy him tickets to his favorite sports team or band so both of you can go. Things like this make others feel nice and warm inside, it also shows that they think about them.
Surprise him by visiting him, send him cute messages, tell him you miss him. Little things like this also mean a lot.
Hope I helped!

Oroboro691 said 10 years, 8 months ago:

It sounds to me like a difference in opinions as far as celebrating things go. You want to celebrate a year with him and its just not his thing for some reason. You should talk to him about it and see if there’s any way you both can meet half way with it so neither of you have to sacrifice changing the way you are.

letstalkaboutit said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Honestly, they said “distance makes the heart grow founder” but it’s more like “distance makes the heart wonder”. the beginning of every relationship is damn near perfect and both parties are well to work out and around nearly all the issues like distance. After a while for a guy especially distance makes their heart wonder. Sadly to say, it’s sounds like he’s falling out of love/like but it’s quite ready to or no how to break it off with you. Depending on your feelings for him I would be preparing myself for a break up. :/

letstalkaboutit said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Honestly, they said “distance makes the heart grow founder” but it’s more like “distance makes the heart wonder”. the beginning of every relationship is damn near perfect and both parties are well to work out and around nearly all the issues like distance. After a while for a guy especially distance makes their heart wonder. Sadly to say, it’s sounds like he’s falling out of love/like but it’s quite ready to or no how to break it off with you. Depending on your feelings for him I would be preparing myself for a break up. :/

Mei said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Working off of what letstalkaboutit said, I think the saying “distance makes the heart grow fonder” means that is you truly care about the person, the distance with make you miss them more and realize how much you love about them. At the same time, this concept can backfire. I agree, distance DOES make the heart wonder, especially if you think back to spending time with that person and end up feeling sour afterwards. In other words, distance can make or break a relationship, and in this case, I believe it’s breaking it. And may I just say- what kind of guy is only interested in a goddamn jeep? He must like something besides his jeep and you. Does he like to read, are there certain places he likes to go? Is he fond of nature, or is he just a car junkie? Does he collect anything, decorate with certain things, or at least have a favorite animal??? And anyway, why should you be the one to please him when he’s obviously being insensitive and aloof? I say you sit down with him and have a serious talk about your relationship status. Assert yourself and cut to the chase.

Mei said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Other than that, he could be going through some emotional thought processes that are making him distant. This is also why you should sit down and talk with him. Try to monitor his reactions and general demeanor as much as possible- it’s likely he’s just absorbed in something. Get personal with him. In any case, it sounds like he needs some serious talking to. Something’s just not right.

fairlydecent said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Just a thought — there’s a difference between high maintenance and being honest about your needs. It sounds like your needs aren’t being met, and if he’s not even going to try to make a change or compromise then he’s not worth your time.