Tara said 8 years, 5 months ago:

I met a guy about two months ago. Immediately, we had a connection. They day we met, we began to text each other nonstop and hang out whenever we had the time. We have a lot in common, and we both have strong feelings for each other. Yesterday, on one of our dates, he asked me to be his girlfriend. However, there is one problem… my parents. They are very strict, and I don’t know how to tell them/ask for permission to say yes. He is 3 years older than me, and because we are in high school, that could be something my parents won’t approve of. Any suggestions?

jl354 said 8 years, 5 months ago:

How old are you two? i think at first you can talk to only one (mum or dad). i once had a boy 3 years older than me two and i talked to mum , she can understand me more. tell that they can meet him and learn t know him so they can have an own picture of him. make compromises give them the chance to talk ! it will function and they will understand if you talk calm , good luck!

Kaitlyn said 8 years, 5 months ago:

I am having the same problem. my boyfriend is 5 years older than me and my parents obviously don’t approve of that. They won’t let me see him or talk to him. now that i cant..i’m depressed and lonely. i just don’t know what to do now. i miss him like crazy but you know..”its for the best.”