penelope said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I’m finally letting go of the situation I’ve been in for the past year…All I’ve done is make excuses for him when I’ve really been hurting myself. I learned that I can’t hold a friendship with the person you love while trying to mend your broken heart. It may not be forever but I definitely need to cut him out of my life for awhile. It kills me cause I’m losing my best friend too but right now the pain is unbearable…any advice on how to deal?

extracheesy said 10 years, 4 months ago:

@penelope – Sorry to be blunt, but if he was your best friend, he wouldn’t be hurting you like this and you wouldn’t be making excuses for his actions. Best friends don’t hurt each other, they treat each other with respect and love one another. My best piece of advice is to completely distance yourself from him. No calls, no texts, no e-mails, nothing. Cut him out of your life and focus on yourself.

@extracheesy you’re absolutely right, and thats the sad realization I’ve come to on my own if he really did love and care about me the way he said he did I wouldn’t be in the position I am now. This whole time I’ve been trying to avoid the pain but all I’ve been doing is making it worst, I just have to go through the motions like anyone else would

KellyMichelle:) said 10 years, 4 months ago:

sorry this is long but I know exactly how your feeling. For the past year I have been feeling completely crazy. and not in the sense that I want to be with him anymore but that I just did not want to lose my best friend. I really did not know what to do for a while and he just strung me along pretty much the ENTIRE time. Finally I just realized that he is NOT the same person I knew. He changed. People change all the time. Its not your fault they changed but you cant keep trying to keep them how they were. I just had to realize that he is the one who looks bad by being so selfish. I truly cared about him and if he is willing to walk away from me then I HAVE to let him go because the people willing to walk away from someone who really truly cares about them are not going to get very far. Your a good person for genuinely caring about someone and I am sure that he can see that, if not now then he will looking back. Just know that you tried and there is nothing more you can do and something that once made you happy just does’nt anymore and its time to walk away. I know its hard but you will feel so free in the long run. I promise.

Deleted User said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Don’t you think that it’s better to say goodbye to someone than to suffer with no end and no reason?

@kellymichelle Trust me I know…It hurts and sucks so bad but I had to do what was best for me, this morning I told him I can’t have any communication with him because it’s hurting me to try and be his friend when I still have feelings for him. I told him I do not hate him but we just want two different things and its not fair for either one of us to be disappointed. I deleted all our messages and pictures and even deleted my twitter for awhile so I’m not tempted to look at his tweets. It might be dramatic but out of sight out of mind the little I know about him while I’m trying to move on the better but I really appreciate you for your advice

@misterkatano I listened to everyones advice and I followed it…I said goodbye and cut off all communication with him. Everyone is right I was suffering and its time I put an end to it

KellyMichelle:) said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I think that’s awesome! Out of sight is definitely out of mind. I hope It works out for you.. Cause I know guys like that always sound so sweet and pull you right back in. I’m glad I could help though! :)

Amanda said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I definitely relate to this so much!! I just wanted to let you know it gets easier.. every single day you’ll feel a little bit better.. trust me.

V said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I also went through the exact same thing. I kept someone in my life because they had been there for me when I had no one, but he continued to treat me like shit and eventually I couldn’t handle it anymore. I’ve found plenty of other people since then who DO treat me the way I want to be treated and now I haven’t spoken to him in 6 years!

JoJo said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I know this is hard. You did the right thing and now you just need to focus on you. Take it one day at a time. Like my grandmother used to say, “It is always darkest before the dawn.” Every storm runs out of rain. It will just take time.

Personally, I turn to nature when I find myself lost and overwhelmed with emotions. I have a favorite spot to hike to in a local State park that has been my sanctuary for about seven years now. Being completely alone with no outside distractions is often what I needed to clear my head and begin the process of healing, no matter the problem (break-ups, grief, loss, or just too much on my plate all at once.)

I really appreciate everyone’s advice and I agree at first it was hard but I think it was cause I was holding on to the memory of what it USE to be…this morning I woke up with a brand new attitude and told myself I wasn’t gonna let him affect the person I was or my happiness…of course my thoughts linger to him but then I think to myself that he is no longer that same person I was once in love with…I’m not bitter toward him and don’t hate him at all, you live and you learn we had some great times and I’ll always be grateful but I am a great person and I deserve better than what he was giving me…I truly do appreciate you all :*