Rivieragirl said 5 years, 9 months ago:

Well, it happened. I got dumped. It’s been about 3 weeks since we’ve seen each other, 2 since we’ve spoken. I have come to realize that, while of course I still miss him, the break up really was for the best. I just have one issue I can’t seem to get past. We ended really, really badly. Lot’s of yelling, I was drunk…it just wasn’t good. Being my sometimes over bearing self, of course I had about a week of the ‘but whyyyy’s?” and he made it clear that he did not want to talk. I don’t know if I just love shame or what… but the WAY we ended is really, really bothering me. I keep reading, journaling, praying, talking to friends, going out and having fun and staying occupied…but I CANNOT get past the urge to text him to apologize. We were friends before dating and I hate the thought of us never being friends again some day. I’ve written it out, I’ve been holding on to it for about 4-5 days. I feel like such a moron. He doesn’t want to talk, I get that!!! I just hate bad blood. I don’t want him back, but I hate this anger and bitterness between us. Tell me that texting him is a bad idea!!!

vikkih said 5 years, 9 months ago:

I have sabotaged almost every relationship in my life because of this… you can say that it was a test in your mind, but really… honestly.. do you feel that you don’t deserve a good relationship???
If so, just move one, let it go and learn from it…

OpenTalk said 5 years, 9 months ago:

If you have things to say, then say them. I think you need it and he deserves to hear it. However, I don’t think text message is the right way to go about it. Tone generally can’t be conveyed properly over text, and something this serious should be communicated in person. Ask him for coffee, reassure him that this is just a friendly meeting and that you understand that it is over, explain to him what the friendship means and that you want to rebuild it.