Ivanovg said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Hello. I need some opinions! My boyfriend and I met at college but he started to talk to me on Facebook, he had a girlfriend at the time, we kept talking, he started to liked me and he left her and HE DIDN´T cheat on her with me. We have been together for a year now and I feel he is going to do to me what he did to his ex. He adds lots of girls, likes them pictures and chat with them. This makes me jealous of course and I have told him to stop but he keeps doing it. When we are together he is the best, but he keeps doing this so I feel the need to check his profile every 10 minutes. I´m not going to chat with other guys just to make him feel what I feel cause I’m not like that, so what should I do? Do I break up with him? I know he has the right of having his life and his privacy, but all this girls he adds are those kind of girls that post semi-naked pictures and are kinda easy.

Tori said 10 years, 5 months ago:

You should definitely talk to him about it. My boyfriend (of 8 months) was tagged along with another girl and guy by this girl on Facebook and the status was all “Date night!! <3 :) " and I freaked out. We're long distance so I had no idea who those people were or anything, he just said he was going out with friends. Well, after me going psycho on him, he explained that those were just his friends and one of them had a boyfriend and the other had kids and he clearly wasn't interested. He ended up getting mad at me for not trusting him. To avoid a situation like that, I'd suggest calming bringing the topic up and definitely not accusing him of anything. I've seen my boyfriend flirting with friends on Facebook, but I remind myself that I trust him and that it's his personality. Is the talking flirting? Are you sure those aren't family members? Maybe they're just people out of his classes? Maybe he's just doing it to make you jealous because he wants more attention from you? I'd really suggest giving him a chance to explain himself before jumping to conclusions.

ms.magpie said 10 years, 5 months ago:

First and foremost, absolutely do not accuse him of anything. It makes you seem insecure and not trusting of him. These kinds of things could possibly end up pushing him away from you. I know exactly how you feel because pretty much the exact thing happened with me and my partner. It is natural to get jealous when you care about someone but don’t go overboard. Trust him until he gives you a reason not to. How would you feel if you had guy friends that happened to be athletic or attractive, or both and he didnt trust you.

just breathe. talk to him about how you feel, calmly. then just drop it. if hes not giving you hard evidence then dont pursue it.

Deleted User said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Uh, you went to the store, bought a zebra, and now you want him to change his stripes. You already knew that he was perfectly comfortable using social media to assess his options and move on what drew his attention. So don’t be devastated when his attention shifts again.