Julia said 6 years ago:

Hello. This is my first time posting a new topic in a forum, so I apologize in advance in case this is not the best group to talk about this. Also, please ignore eventual English mistakes.

I’m not really sure how to start, so…I’ve been seeing this guy for almost two months now. We met each other in high school, but we never really talked until a few months ago, when I found out we go to the same college (I’m 20, he’s 19). We see each other every week and most of the time I enjoy being around him, but sometimes I get annoyed by his presence – for no reason at all. I’ve considered telling him we should be just friends, but as this is my first “relationship” (neither of us is looking for anything serious right now), I fear I might regret the decision later.

I also started to wonder wether I liked guys at all, but I like kissing him, for example. I’ve told a few friends about him and they think I should keep trying. I think I just don’t want to be alone, and that makes me feel sad and ashamed of myself.

I could really use some advice. Thank you so much in advance! x

rinseandrep said 6 years ago:

On the annoying thing: from what I understand, you like being around him in general, except for some less frequent times. I guess you can start to tell him that you need some time alone when you find yourself in that mood, and see if it makes things better once you set the premise that sometimes you need a few hours alone and it’s just how you are and not because there’s a problem.

Humble Beef Sandwich said 6 years ago:

I like the above comment^^ so ill touch on something different. I think you should make your own decisions first and not really worry about what friends think, BUT i would give this guy a chance. Yea sometimes people do get annoying. If you are the type of person that needs to be independent then let him know that, just make sure it dosent come off as that you dont want to be with him. Just let him know you need some time alone, or with family, whatever you have to…if you are noticing that you’re still annoyed by him after taking him in small doses, I would start to look for another partner, you dont want to waste his time or your own. And trust me, you wont regret much about first relationships, you should be learning from them, not regretting them. They are all learning experiences for when youre ready to meet mr. (or Ms. wonderful) and you can be good at a relationship. good luck !

M