ComeOnSkinnyLove said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Okay… I met this guy at a band competition. The entire time he complimented me and made me laugh, so of course we exchanged numbers. We talked about nothing and everything, and it was really great. He was there to help me up out of my sad times. I really liked him. Then we Skyped for the first time. I laughed a lot and we talked for hours. We’d Skyped a couple of times after that, and he told me some stuff he didn’t share often, and vice versa. I got up the guts to see if we could meet up this summer in real life. He said yes, he’d be delighted, and I couldn’t be happier. It was to the point if I thought about him, which took up a lot of my thinking time, I smiled. A couple of days ago though, in a group chat I hadn’t checked until way after everything was said and done, he’d been really depressed because his girlfriend broke up with him in a really sucky way. She was a total ass about it, and he was pretty banged up. I was confused. I told him I was sorry for how it happened. I wanted to say a lot more, but I didn’t. I didn’t even know he had a girlfriend. I had opened up my heart to this guy, and vice versa, and then the whole time he didn’t love me. I think it might’ve been my fault for not reading the situation properly or something. Now all I wanna do is talk to him about anything, but just thinking about it all hurts. A lot. Just looking at his picture hurts, and I’ve been crying a lot more often, even though I had limited that before. I still really like him (I would say love) but I’m scared.