Alexis said 11 years, 1 month ago:

My boyfriend and I of 7 month’s broke up 2 weeks ago. I lost my v-card to him, and we spent everyday together. I really miss him, and very depressed.. I want him back very badly but he told me that it’s time to let go.. I have tried very hard to let go but nothing I do seems to help.. What can I do?

Ruhoodenough said 11 years, 1 month ago:

At this point i think it in your best interest to just ease back and let go. He must have his reasons for ending it, and keeping it off. And you must respect those reasons. Break ups are a very complex and difficult event, i realize that. I think it is easiest, even though you may disagree, to just cold turkey cut off all contact with him. Focus on something else, to get your mind off it. Meet new people ! You never know, you could meet a great guy. And i’m sure you’ll say the only guy worth it is him. But, sweety he is now your past. It may of been a really great past, but no time like the present! Or the future. You are still very young. And maybe your so attached because he was that one guy that made you feel significant when everything else had not. And that feeling is hard to let go of, but faster you do the better. If you want to talk further you can always message me on here. I will be more than glad to be of any help. Do not be shy !

Swifting said 11 years, 1 month ago:

I’m sorry to hear about your break up. Have you talked to him at all? I think it’s important that you figure out what it is that happened to cause this break up.

Is it situational- did his life change and he not see it coming? Were you growing apart? Was it something that happened or wasn’t happening?

Just remember it takes 2 to have a relationship and 2 in order to end it. You’ve got to remember this is not all your fault and it’s not all his fault.

As far as virginity and sex goes – I understand that you never get over your first but… it is just sex. While in some instances it may be beautiful and meaningful sometimes you have to take a step back and say “That’s all it was.”

Let yourself skulk and mope, listen to music too loud and watch sad movies. Allow the break up to run it’s course. There is no reason to buck up and move on before you feel ready. Just don’t miss Mr. Opportunity when he comes knocking.

World is full of great guys that you’ll find. They’ll love you for you and someone will make it work. Relationships are hard – it takes a lot of give and take. You’ve got to make the right combination to best suit your needs. For now at this point in your life – this guy wasn’t the one.

NatureVs.Nurture said 11 years, 1 month ago:

I went through break up such as this, and though its the last thing you want to hear, it took me MONTHS to get over him. I went through horrible relationships after just trying to find that comfort again, and it never happened. Now it gets interesting, I was exactly like you, and months later, after not talking, not seeing each other, we met at a party and we started seeing each other again. That’s when I truly realized I didn’t actually still have the same intense feelings for him, and after a break up, it’s never the same. DONT SULK, DONT MOPE, DONT WATCH SAD MOVIES!!! Go out with FRIENDS who care, get your mind off of him as much as possible, and surround yourself with people you love. Believe me, it makes it easier. I know you’ll get past it, just as I did, but it will take time. Keep your head up child