Forever Lonely said 8 years, 9 months ago:

I have been dating this guy for almost 2.5 years. He was the perfect man for me in the beginning and I believe that he would’ve stayed perfect before my ex-husband got in the way. Long story short, my ex-husband accused my boyfriend of abusing my son. CPS, lawyers, and the police got involved and cost us a lot of money. In the end, everything is cleared. I should note that the lawyers only got involved as a precaution because my ex-husband filed complaints and called the police on us over 15 times. So much that the police themselves got tired of him.
Because of this my boyfriend and I have anxiety about our relationship and I don’t blame him. His parents use to love me and wants us to get married. But now, they don’t even want me around their son and are continuously pressuring him to choose between the family of me.
All the allegations happened over a year ago. He broke up with me for the first time in June of 2014. Since then, he had broken up with me 5 times. But he keeps begging me to come back after days or a couple of weeks. I told myself that I wouldn’t take him back every time, but I do anyway because I love him. Every time he breaks it off with me, he would sign up for a dating site that same night. He went on multiple dates and even went as far as sleeping with someone the first time they met. I am very hurt and still to this day I still hate him for doing that. But he kept coming back. I tried ignoring all his calls, texts, and emails so I can have time to heal. But he would drive to my work and force me to face him. And of course, I fall for it over and over again. We have been back in a relationship for 2 months this time and he started acting distant again last week.
He spent a lot of time with his family over the weekend and last night he told me that we cannot be fully together. Makes no sense. He said he will always put his family first and our relationship second. He is a 35 year old man so constantly relies on his parents and is being controlled by their money. I know that the answer is to run away as fast as I can, but my heart is stupid.
I feel stupid even for writing this knowing that I will preobably hear the same things that my friends have told me repeatedly.

arcticjunkeys_ said 8 years, 8 months ago:

It doesnt make you stupid to hold on, you can’t help your feelings and I know there are things about your relationship with him that you can’t even put into words. I know that the way he looks at you makes you fall in love all over again and everything about him is perfect to you. So don’t feel stupid, when you love someone to the extent you love him, It’s so easy to ignore all the flaws and the bad things. Remember, love conquer’s all. And if it isn’t mean’t to be then you will naturally move on eventually, yes i know, seems impossible but it can happen. Don’t feel like you have to blame yourself and feel like an idiot just because of your friends, love makes you this way.