StaticMonster said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Hello, I am young writer that’s looking for some advice. There are so many stories that swarm in my head that are just waiting to be writer. It’s like I see them, I know the story from beginning to end, but when it comes to actually putting it down onto paper I’m stuck. I know it’s normal to get writers block, but I’ve had it for a while now. There is one story that I have been working on for quite some time now, I want to finish it but it’s almost like I’m afraid. I’ve been getting encouragement from other people, telling me to keep working on my writing though I feel like something is wrong with me. I love writing. I’m good at it. Even with other hobbies I enjoy, I have been becoming less interested. That terrifies me. All I want to do now is sleep.

Has anyone else felt this way? What should I do?

Hearmenow said 9 years, 7 months ago:

One thing I’ve learned, is that as soon as an idea I have pops into my head, I write it down. As soon as I can, and it doesn’t have to make any kind of sense what so ever. Sometimes, it’s not more than a couple of sentences, and sometimes it’s several pages long.

Though one thing to keep in mind, is that not all your stories will work, some you feel more passionated about than others, the ones you know what’s going to happen. Focus on them first.

One of my own made up rules, is to write whatever comes to mind. Don’t think about anything specific or worry where it should be, just let your imagination take over. Sometimes it works, sometimes it’s crap, but you’re writing. The most important thing is to get back into the habit of writing something, anything.

People respond to different things, some like having a deadline for certain things, or perhaps setting tasks for themselves. Like today I’m going to write a whole page. Others, like to be more loose and see where the writing takes them.

You are not alone, believe me, I’ve started more stories than I’m ever going to finish, but the important thing is that you keep on trying. I’d love to chat some more about writing, if you want to of course. I think I’d be some nice conversations.