Satellite//Heart♡ said 7 years, 8 months ago:

One of our group members talked about how their pet helps them cope through the bad times with whatever illness or issue they’re dealing with and thought I’d ask so we can share ideas about what helps you get through?
For me my dog (she just turned 1 :D ) has really helped keep me preoccupied and motivated to leave the house when I’m going through flares and she also helped a lot with my recovery through self harm.
Music also really helps, I have all different types of music that help according to however I’m feeling or what I’m dealing with.
I also find reading and escaping to another “world” really helps keep my mind of my own problems at the time.

(◣_◢)Poet said 7 years, 8 months ago:

music is a great source of relief sometimes. mary jane has always been nice too; sometimes she just relaxes my body, sometimes only my mind, and sometimes both. i don’t know the laws in aussie, but it could do you a lot of good. try an abusive strain if you can.

BlackGoldfish said 7 years, 8 months ago:

Pets definitely help with chronic pain and depression, thats for sure. They do a great job at keeping your mind pre-occupied.
Mary Jane does help too sometimes for myself, but I have to watch out because it can definitly amplify my anxiety and my delusions and hallucinations by 10 fold.
I find yoga really helps too, being able to stretch my body out so it doesnt lock up and cramp. C:

Snow Queen said 7 years, 8 months ago:

Art definitely helps me cope. If I’m sad about anything, I’ll usually read a book, sing a song, watch a movie, paint a picture, write in a journal, play my guitar, etc… It really does help! <3 I think in the end, whatever makes you happy!

Satellite//Heart♡ said 7 years, 8 months ago:

You all have really great ideas :) I love music and reading, watching shows etc too, it’s just nice to have something that puts your mindset somewhere else for a bit.
Mary jane, have to say hasn’t really helped me at all in the times I have tried it and it’s not legal here at all so there’s not proper way so to speak I can get my hands on it but I think it’s great if it’s helping you guys :)
I’m on several medications that help, cymbalta (antidep), panadiene fort (codeine and paracetamol) and I have norspan patches which is a recent thing for me. They do help with pain and such but nothing is ever great, as I’m sure you all understand.
I think it’s also really important to get out of the house and have a good night with friends or something along those lines every now and then, even if the next day we may be stuck in bed, it’s worth it to keep my sanity and happiness in check!