Tia said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I go to a private Assembly of God school and I was sitting my health teacher’s class one day when he said he believed God didn’t want us to use drugs to help mental diseases. I’ve had depression for two years now, and without medication, I would have been dead a long time ago. Any thoughts on medication for mental health?

Riss said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Some people hold on to their faith so strongly that it blinds them to other people’s realities. While that may be your health teacher’s opinion, which he is entitled to, it certainly goes against the hundreds of thousands of individuals who can testify first-hand at the usefulness of such medication.

Liz said 10 years, 1 month ago:

In the bible, God said your body is your temple. If this medication is helping you then god is happy because the medication is healing your temple and/or keeping you from hurting your temple. I don’t believe that god wouldn’t want us to use drugs that are helping your body, I think he wouldn’t want you to use drugs that are bad for you.

Deleted User said 10 years, 1 month ago:

wow your teacher has no biblical grounds. God made us for a perfect world. We messed that us. Now we deal with disorders and diseases that were never meant to for this world. God gave us the brains to handle that. We will toil the ground and it will be hard work. Meds are the same. Now they were not part of the perfect plan but do to sin we had to toil and work hard to find a new way to handle it. This is part of our suffering.