Caprielle said 9 years, 2 months ago:

My dad started to be anti-religious and believe everything on the internet. I’m a strong Christian and he is very very hateful towards religion. I don’t mention religion around him because I don’t want us to fight about it but he always says these little things like I am god. He even quoted a song that said prevent the second coming of Christ. I’m not trying to force God on him but I get almost angry when he mocks my beliefs and says these ignorant things. I don’t want to mess up with him but he upsets me when he says these things. He also even rants to his friends and everyone about my religion and he also makes it louder in order for me to be heard on purpose. People please don’t write there is no god or religion is stupid. I want real answers. And once again I’m not forcing religion on him.

rinseandrep said 9 years, 2 months ago:

Turn the other cheek and welcome his criticism with a inner compassionate smile. Or tell him ‘it hurts when you do that, can you please stop?’.

Broken Mind said 9 years, 2 months ago:

You get the best results when you ignore it or just take it with a smile because when he notices that you don’t really care and that it doesn’t effect you he’ll eventually give up.
Don’t let him know it’s getting to you, he’ll feel empowered by it and it’ll just get worse.

Deleted User said 9 years, 1 month ago:

John 15:20 
Remember the word that I said to you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you

Matthew 5:44
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

I Peter 4:14
If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.

..Stay strong because of God’s great love for you dear girl! He is holding you.

Elly said 9 years ago:

So… late reply. I just wanted to let you know that when you stand up for God…He really appreciates it! Believe it or not. In a world full of hate, false beliefs…or no beliefs at all, someone should stand up for God. He’s the creator of the universe and he doesn’t need your help, but he appreciates your help. In everything you do, do it all unto the glory of God. ;)

MichaelJ0902 said 9 years ago:

Hey, don’t be ashamed of your love of Christ if you have to scream it from the rooftops. Shamefulness is one of the many many things that separates us from him.

Liz said 8 years, 10 months ago:

Stand up for your faith, and try to ignore the hateful comments! I know what you’re going through

plato said 8 years, 10 months ago:

Family members who are atheists should be your priority. You should do everything you can to steer them away from atheism.

Humanist Hope said 8 years, 10 months ago:

@lilmissanonymous

I see that this is quite an old post, but this definitely bears a response.

As you can clearly tell from my current profile and pic, I am an atheist, but your father’s behavior is still unacceptable. Direct him to the atheist podcast dogmadebate.com and see if he starts to change his tone.

David Smalley is an atheist author and activist who advocates approaching the conversation of faith from a non-insulting and respectful direction. It is entirely possible for nonbelievers and the faithful to live together peacefully. Your father sounds like he is very much in the “angry atheist” phase, and he may have some very painful memories of religion in his life.

There are too many “ifs” to list here, but getting your father to come to a mutual place of understanding is not outside the realm of possibility.

@plato451 Caprielle does not need to be encouraged to pursue aggressive evangelism. There are enough struggles between believers and non-believers. A person should not approach a situation with the direct intent of changing the other person; that is blatantly manipulative and dismissive of the other person’s experiences and worldview.

plato said 8 years, 10 months ago:

There is no price too high to pay for a chance at salvation. Why would you think somebody’s “experiences and worldview” matter when their soul is at stake? Do you think it’s worth it to knowingly let your own father be eternally condemned just because it’s not “trendy” to be religious right now? What a cowardly stance.

Atheism should not be respected or promoted under any circumstances. It only causes suffering, be it physical or spiritual. It should be rooted out and eradicated wherever it rears its ugly head. It’s easy to tell someone not to “pursue aggressive evangelism” when you think you’re essentially a bag of flesh and bones with nothing to lose.

Caprielle should be brave and face the situation with all strength God is willing to lend her. It’s her family and she should do whatever she can to turn her father back to light.

Unknown said 8 years, 8 months ago: