Idon’tknow said 10 years, 2 months ago:

So I’m a Christian, I have been my whole life and even though I stray from God’s word a lot I always find my way back, but this time I’m really lost. I’ve been told my whole life that liking the same sex is bad and that it is just a temptation that you have to get past. But I don’t see how that’s right, how can we just get past who we love. I am bisexual and I love God, but will He stop loving me for loving the same sex.

Mitz. said 10 years, 2 months ago:

The Bible was written by humans. Even though many writers of the Bible were divinely inspired, their writings still reflected the thoughts of their day and age. And you can’t follow everything the Bible says to the letter because it was written by humans, who are so flawed. Being a Christian means believing in God, not the Bible. The Bible, in some ways, endorses the practice of slavery because that’s what was acceptable in that day and age. Times have changed. Slavery is certainly not acceptable in today’s society. The Bible is not 100% right all the time. It was written by humans. I cannot stress that enough.
Basically, God made you, right? He made you how you are, sexuality and all. And why could God ever hate such a beautiful masterpiece of a creation like you?

little lion girl said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Many, many people argue that the specific passage of the bible that homophobic people love to wave around so much – man shall not lie with man as he lies with woman etc etc – is in fact not homophobic at all but just good old misogyny and actually translates into the instructions: don’t treat men the same way you treat women because men deserve more respect than that. But the short answer is that honest, committed love is never immoral and Christians are in absolutely no place to judge different lifestyles even if they do believe they have biblical reasons to object. Nobody is without sin, and it is nobody’s place to unfairly other people.

Carnival Circus said 10 years, 2 months ago:

First of all, I would only believe in God himself and what the bible also says is that he loves all of us and that we are not to judge. Did you make a choice to be gay? No you didn’t so that is proof enough that you were made the way that you were supposed to be made.

Want to know something else? I watched a documentary once where there was a typo in the old english bible in England that stated that all of the commandments shall be committed, that’s right, they left the word “not” out of it. The bibles were taken in an old fashion recall and burnt.

My point in this story is that the bible can be altered and probably was, that statement in there could very well have possibly gone unnoticed. Ever wonder about the new testament? I tried to research it but I think it would be better if you read the page for yourself and came to your own conclusion.

http://www.westarinstitute.org/resources/the-fourth-r/what-the-new-testament-says-about-homosexuality/

Just remember, regardless of all of that, as I said in Old England, they made a typo so it’s very easy to manipulate a man made book which it is a man made book, every time they copy it, they get a new chance to make a typo, misspell a word, leave something out or even add something in. And lets just remember how long that gay sin has been in the bible, I am sure if anyone caught the change, they were all in agreement, it took a long time for us to evolve into acceptance and even now we aren’t all there yet.

zingo79 said 10 years, 1 month ago:

God will always love you no matter what you do. He is often disappointed in us though.

Being bisexual or gay, is against the commandments of God. Why? God’s design was for a man and a woman to marry, to have children, and to raise them.

Having desires isn’t unnatural, but you can control them, as you should.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, I’m answering to my knowledge.

Alex said 10 years, 1 month ago:

No its not wrong at all. You might as well ask if its wrong to be born with green or brown eyes.

Angel Demon said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Could God truly create something in His likeness, and say that it is wrong?

Jewish Carpenter said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Short answer: Yes

Long Answer: God hates the sin, but loves the sinner. I personally the Bible is 100% true and accurate, to believe that some parts are wrong and some are right, cast doubt on the entirety of the Bible. In the beginning, God created one man and one women, to be together forever. However, that is now corrupted by sin, just like everything else. I do believe it is a sin, but it is a sin just like hating someone or committing murder, all the same and perverse in God’s eyes. So I would say: Hate the sin, but love the sinner, for there is no sin that God cannot forgive.

The Giggle Blizzard said 10 years, 1 month ago:

How the heck can sexuality be a sin when it has been well established that you have no choice in the matter? A sin is an inevitable act, being anything but heterosexual is a property of your personality not an act.

If you’re homosexual or bisexual or whatever and you are doubting yourself because people who you share faith with are telling you that you are committing a bad sin and that you should change, then you must understand that you can’t willfully change no matter your faith and must either come to terms with the fact that there is nothing inherently wrong with any sexuality including heterosexuality or else doubt your religion.

Amethyst Heart said 10 years, 1 month ago:

First of all, God will NEVER stop loving you no matter what. If you love the same sex, tell a lie, steal from a store, divorce, or even murder someone, God will still pursue you with passionate love. That is what is so great about our God. He’s forgiving.

But that still means wrong is wrong and right is right. If you were truly born homosexual, than your feelings can’t be helped. But your actions can be. When I read the Bible I get the message that God wants love to be between a man and a woman. So pray to God, ask Him for guidance and peace on how to handle your situation. He is always listening and ready to show mercy.
God bless!

tahdas said 10 years ago:

So whats the point of sex? What? WHAT? Creating humans. I’m not anti gays or anything like that, but i do find them a little absurd.

To answer your question No.
If you go to the bible to answer the question, then the answer in a hard NO!

Also don’t let people tell you homosexuality in natural and you where born that way. You weren’t. Not to say being gay is exactly a choice. I have some hypotheses on the subject of sexuality, but i wont get into them here

rinseandrep said 10 years ago:

@tahdas A theory on homosexuality suggests families with gay people in it, historically, do better because they assist raising the kids of the etero members. Gay people helped kids (kids carrying “gay genes”) stay alive and prosper for thousands of years, over the other humans that didn’t carry the gay genes, if spreading life is your main argument:

http://www.psmag.com/navigation/health-and-behavior/the-old-way-to-be-gay-couples-love-evolution-67337/

Nothing absurd about it.

Yukiru said 9 years, 12 months ago:

I’m a Christian, and I believe the homosexuality is a sin. However, this doesn’t mean God hates homosexuals. Nor does it mean I’m a homophobe. Homosexuality is like any other sin in God’s eyes. As the bibles tells us, each sin is the same in God’s eyes. You could go to Hell for telling a little white lie. It doesn’t matter to Him.

Now, I never believed in this whole “gay gene” thing. I still believe that it’s false. (That’s just my opinion, send me links, proof, whatever. I honestly don’t care about what you think of my opinion, it’s staying where it belongs nevertheless.)

So, Psychology has told me that the mind is a very powerful thing. So powerful, it can change itself. Over time, people develop their personality (starting from infant). Yes, they are born with a “jist” of their personality; but the rest is developed through circumstances that they live in. So, logically, if a person has parents who are homosexual, it’s more than likely that he will be raised homosexual as well.

It’s like us Christians. We’re not born Christian, we are taught by someone in our family, a friend, or a witness.

Anyhow, with my religious beliefs put aside. I think the homosexuals can do what they want, it’s not like we’re here to condemn people. It’s their life. Yeah, we could try to witness to them about the Bible; but it’s their decision in the long run.

Since there’s this contradictory in my beliefs, I choose to remain neutral on the subject. I do not support the LGBT movement, nor do I oppose it.

If you want it flat out: Yes, homosexuality is a sin. I’m not here to sugar coat it. But that doesn’t mean all Christians hate homosexuals. We’re not sitting there in service like “BURN THE HOMOS! THEY DON’T DESERVE TO LIVE!” We do quite the opposite. We feel bad for them.

Deleted User said 9 years, 12 months ago:

I don’t want to look like judgemental but it’s always the same problem. When religion impose its point of view about anything (not only sex), it’s the chaos… I don’t consider that there’s something bad in loving someone of the same sex. I am not Christian though, I am Buddhist.

Liyah said 9 years, 12 months ago:

No. From how I view it, it’s no different from straight-love, sometimes it’s even stronger with all the challenges theyre facing. It’s definitely not ‘normal’ in the eyes of the public but it doesn’t mean that it’s bad. I don’t read the bible often, and I’m not even all that religious. But I do believe in God. And I think Love would never be a sin. True love that it.