Capserree said 9 years, 10 months ago:

hey guys i’d love to open a forum about what your views are on homosexuality & Christianity. I’m open to different views i was just wondering what people think.

cat said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Well I believe not to judge others. I love my brothers and sisters (everyone). Different christian denominations teach varying things on homosexuality. Being catholic its frowned upon because of the belief of God’s intention that the sexual act between men and women to bear fruit at its core. I agree with that. But is it a sin outside of that?

Well I don’t know I am still trying to discover that but personally being asexual its hard for me to understand sexual manners at all.

ifonlyonce said 9 years, 10 months ago:

The Christian Bible is clear that homosexuality is a sin (see Leviticus 20:13 & Romans 1:26-27), however, the Bible is also clear that “There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you–who are you to judge your neighbor?” (James 4:12, New International Version). There is no room for hate in God’s kingdom. Anyone who points the finger is immediately guilty as well, “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). In the New Testament, Jesus commands the Christians “And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these” (Mark 12:30-31, New Living Translation). To me, it seems like the rules are pretty cut and dry, but no one has the authority, other than God, to place judgment. In fact, it is the Christian’s sole duty to love people, just as God showed love to the world (see John 3:16).

cat said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I wish I could reply directly to people but ifonlyonce said it best. What may we do but just love one another? The bible is written in black and white. Only God can judge ultimately.

Deleted User said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Homosexuality stands in opposition to human nature and the divine element of this nature, and is therefore to be condemned.

The parts of the new testament that mention homosexuality are open to interpretation (see context). However, Leviticus 20:13 (the most commonly brought up verse in this type of debate), is a part of the old testament and ancient law code and therefore was fulfilled by the crucifixion of Christ. Otherwise, we would also not be allowed to have sex when women are menstruating, eat pork, cut our hair, or charge interest on loans. Which, of course, are ridiculous and archaic.

icychoco said 9 years, 9 months ago:

homosexuals are also humans, society put the stigma about what is supposed to be right and wrong.
Christianity is where people accepts and does not discriminate nor judge people based on who they chose to be.
i think as long as you do what is right and good and not hurt others that’s what matters most.

Mark David said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Homosexuality is a sin bible states that Paul states that the Old testament states that and Jesus States that. The Sin of Homosexuality is written 6 times in the Bible and whenever God repeats himself then we have to understand that it is very important like the way Jesus used to say ” verely verely” . Now lets find out whether it is a sin or not , lets go back the the Garden when it all began god made Adam and Eve to possess the earth and take care of it , talking physically homosexuality is against the Nature itself because our body is not designed for that , there is a specific design and a way in which our body work. and lastly i believe our God Yahweh , Yeshua can turn the heart of homosexuals our God has the Power to make them right . and most importantly We Christians who are a Followers of Jesus Christ are called to Love sinners and Hate sins , just like Salt it is very ordinary but still ExtraOrdinary.

I think people should not use a book written a bajillion years ago by people of a very different society as an excuse to bully homosexuals. I don’t care what you believe. That’s your business. Just as someone’s sexual orientation is theirs. Make the connection, people. And no, I don’t mean every Christian, just the ones who do act in that manner.

I believe it’s wrong and only a man and woman should lay together. However what a individual decides what to do with their body is their business and isn’t my concern. God will take care of them, not me. It’s not my place to judge and plus God wouldn’t want me to have hatred in my heart for another person. I treat others how they treat me so just because someone is Gay , Bi , or Lesbian doesn’t mean i’m going to be mean to them or treat them differently and i think that’s how it should be .

DJ Not Nice said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I’m technically Christian and I was wondering what’s wrong with homosexuality? I personally don’t find anything wrong with it.

singingReveur said 9 years, 9 months ago:

in my opinion, and i’m a proudly confirmed member of
the episcopal church, i don’t really care
whether or not homosexuality is a sin.
so is playing with a pigskin, or wearing
man made materials (both laws can be found in
deuteronomy). but romans 8:1 states ‘now there
is no condemnation for those who belong
in Christ Jesus’ (nlt) so truly, as long as
a person believes that Jesus died on the
cross for EVERYONE’S sins, then they are
secured a place in heaven. plus, jesus wouldn’t
hate anyone, no matter what, so i don’t
either.

Chris. said 9 years, 9 months ago:

As His children, we are not to judge of what sins your neighbors commit. Yes, homosexuality is a sin, but we are all sinners. The only person that has EVER lived without sin is our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Deleted User said 9 years, 7 months ago:

If you profess Christianity, you have to accept that how you feel about things is an ineffective way to judge the moral nature of actions.

When you read the Bible, it is abundantly clear that homosexuality is a sin. Non-marital sex of any sort and murder are sins as well, and the penalties of these sins is very steep.

The other side of Christianity is not talked about a lot. There is a sin condition, yes, but there is also redemption in Christ. The only requirement is to admit that you are wrong in your lifestyle and need a change, which many gays are convinced beyond reason that they cannot change.

If you read the Jesus of the Bible, you will notice something very different from the Jesus preached about in churches. Jesus is very inclusive, but it’s on HIS terms: enter by the narrow gate, no one gets through the father except through me, take up your cross and follow me.

If you want to follow Jesus, by virtue of doing so you forego all rights to your own brand of morality, and as a result a gay lifestyle is also on the table with everything else.

One element neglected often by most Christianity, however, is the healing and transforming power of the Holy Spirit. Read up on him, and you’ll discover there’s hope in Christ for a better life even if gay sex is your favorite thing!

rinseandrep said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Let’s also remember that there are churches who are supportive of gay people and if you don’t like the other churches’ position about it, you can bring your business to the gay friendly ones. For example:

http://www.gaychurch.org/