Chromatic Giraffe said 8 years, 9 months ago:

im probably gonna ask the same question in a different group but i feel like people that are more religiously inclined would have more to say about this!

I’m just curious about people’s thoughts on asexuality!

For example I’m asexual and homoromantic, if I were to marry someone of the same gender would that be considered bad?? what aspects of homosexual/romantic relationships are considered sinful, is it just the sex??

I feel a lot of people equate homosexuality with being sexually deviant, and hearing ONLY arguments to do with homoSEXUALITY and being ‘sexually immoral’ leave people like me ridiculously confused!

i’m not necessarily looking for definite answers but i’d love to discuss!!

SJayJay said 8 years, 9 months ago:

I dont think being asexual or homosexual is wrong like I’ve said many times even Pope Francis agrees. I mean who are we to judge right? Only God and Jesus should do that. Loving someone isn’t a sin:)))

plato said 8 years, 9 months ago:

Homosexuality is a sin. It doesn’t matter what the pope says. He is just a human like the rest of us. Only the word of God matters.

Modest Butter said 8 years, 9 months ago:

the fact that god also made asexual and homosexual creatures proves that homosexuality is not a sin

Besides what is the word of god?
the bible?

didn’t you know that the modern day bible was actually a compilation of books chosen by bishops of constantine’s holy roman empire? look up the council of nicea, it was a list of books chosen humans to stress that only in control and submissiveness will we find salvation, but passed over the agnostic books which stressed that salvation is found in the individual.

The fact that the bible we know today was created by our ancestors, so that it would be easier to control people . tells us that we don’t actually know the word of god,

You don’t know God’s word, neither do i, no one does,what we know are the cherry picked wisdom of power hungry clergymen of the past.

So don’t use a veil of religion to justify the immorality of homosexuality.

Modest Butter said 8 years, 9 months ago:

Rather than base your judgement on “God’s word” alone, I suggest looking at those who study God’s creation, Biologists, and Zoologists spends all their lives to understand what God created and will tell you what God thought immoral,

Wouldn’t you understand someone;s thoughts better by their works, actions and creations rather that rumors about them?

and if you claim that that don’t apply to us because we’re God’s chosen,

I suggest you read George Orwell’s Animal Farm

plato said 8 years, 9 months ago:

That’s completely untrue. I doubt you understand Christianity or even religion in general.