Riley K.Z said 10 years, 9 months ago:

I think everywhere there’s a reluctance for guys to be real about shit, we follow crowds and fads just like girls do, but we don’t talk about em. why is that??

(◣_◢)Poet said 10 years, 9 months ago:

because

Auscultare Infinitas Infinitio said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Because we have the social stigma of “being a man”. We are taught from a young age by society that we have to be the rock in a relationship and that we cannot be soft.

It is just how society is, can’t really change that. I do not like that it is a good thing, but we all just have to accept it as what it is.

Riley K.Z said 10 years, 9 months ago:

oh yeah I accept it man, but like why not talk about it? lets dissect this motherfucker. Why is sexuality still taboo as shit? why are we allowed to victimize others based on male perceptions?? there’s so much crazy stuff here

AbridgedSquirrel said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Personally, I despise going with the stigma of being a “normal” man. You could be E.T. and as long as you’re cool, we can be buds. I don’t give a damn about sexuality, race, creed or any of that. In my opinion, everyone is equal (save for certain persons
) and I think it’ll take society a while to figure that part out.

Deleted User said 10 years, 8 months ago:

its not being cool as in more of being the MAN, in every sense. Its correlated with being successful and respect. Thats one thing that has stayed constant throughout the ages in whatever society, you want to be the MAN. Unfortunately social media has obscured this view, couple that with parents not doing their job and instead of raising kids to be successful rather they conform their thinking has led to a very negative trend of a lot of shit out there. personally i think its good for people like myself, its easier to be a MAN in todays time and stand out coz lets face it, society is fucked!!

Matt J said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I’n society, everyone expects the man to be stoic, unfazed and unshaken in everything he does. Ever heard “real men don’t cry”? Everything is supposed to be done by yourself and you are supposed to be this self-reliant rock. At least that’s what I’ve experienced. Men don’t talk about it because men aren’t supposed to if they want to be considered “real men”

Deleted User said 10 years, 8 months ago:

funny commercial(unrelated to topic)

AbridgedSquirrel said 10 years, 7 months ago:

There is a difference between sex and gender. Sex is male or female (inmost cases) and gender is much more complex (THOUSANDS of possibilities) because it relies on what you as a person relate with. Our society is very primal due to the reluctance of allowing gender differentiation. You see it all over with the hate crimes and such. A man sheds a tear, and if it isn’t for his best bro from the military getting KIA, then he’s a pussy. That is our society, and will remain our society until we make the change.