Nicholas said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Hey guys I just wanted to know how you have handled being put in the friendzone while she dates another guy. I have recently been put there and it sucks. I’m pretty sure she knows I still like her but yet she actually tells me stories about him which are almost painful to laugh at.

Deleted User said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Just get even and move on bro. Don’t feed her ego by giving her your valuable time because she is not worth it.

Jess said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Lol.

RedRaccoon said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Friend Zone sucks that is all i have to say lol

Corrupted2.0 said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Hate to say this but you gotta leave her,cut off all relation,hard as it is leaving her is gonna hurt ,but being around her is gonna hurt a lot more ,especially since she’s telling you stories about the new hubby.distance is the best medicine ;)

Tintots said 10 years, 5 months ago:

can i be a bro here too?:D

i’ve been put in the friendzone for 6 years by my best friend, he never knew i liked him the time we met:( we both have someone special in our lives now, but whenever we see each other there’s still that spark:(

lostaady said 9 years, 9 months ago:

The only way I could get over my best friend was to cut her off completely (something we both agreed on). A year later we finally started talking again and I found myself at peace despite what lingering feelings might be there.

georgey said 9 years, 9 months ago:

the friendzone doesn’t exist

nobody is obligated to be in a relationship with anybody

OpenTalk said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Not a fan of people griping over the “friend zone.” Or the concept either.

All that’s happened is that this person doesn’t want to date you or sleep with you. That’s it. There’s no malice involved.

The problem, at least to me, with the concept of the Friend Zone is that it presumes that a sexual relationship is the primary reason to interact with women and friendship is the consolation prize, the vastly inferior substitute.

rinseandrep said 9 years, 8 months ago:

That sounds redundant. Of course it will always be a matter of wanting another person as a partner; if these people wanted friendship, they wouldn’t complain to begin with.

I don’t like the concept of the friendzone because people get stuck in this ‘pining for someone who doesn’t want to be in a relationship with you’ status instead of moving on, and resort to try to manipulate/covert their way towards their goal, a relationship or sex. And living in the friendzone usually involves making generalizations about women/men liking somebody who treats them worse than you would treat them, and misogynistic vents in the chat.

So I guess you can be ‘friendzoned’ and it’s ok, but you should stay in the ‘friendzone’ for like 5 minutes, and then move on to just friend or acquaintance or stranger.
Keeping also in mind that ‘let’s stay friends’ is a way people sometime use let you down easy, out of fear that you are going to do something violent or crazy and harm them, so it’s not always a matter of ‘being seen only as a friend’, “what can I do to not be seen as a friend??”. It’s a no.

OpenTalk said 9 years, 8 months ago:

That’s a good point. Nice guys don’t get put in the friend zone. Friends do, because they’re acting friendly. Make a move fast if you’re going to make a move at all.

Deleted User said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I have friend zoned plenty of women, purely to not be a dick, plus I get to hook up with their friends, its okay for women to friend zone and not be a bitch, but if a guy just rejects a girl it does more damage than good, friend zone exists boys.

Nice guys/girls are tools, easy to manipulate, used and thrown away!
Be a smart guy;p

The Friendzone isn’t real. The idea that every “Nice Guy” is owed sex or a romantic relationship by his female friends is ridiculous. And if you think that’s not what Friendzoning is about, it absolutely is. To some degree, the assumption of every guy claiming to be “friendzoned” is that if they indicate an interest in one of their friends, she is in some way obligated to return the interest, and reward it with a relationship or sex. This assumption is problematic for a whole host of reasons, but most in that it ignores choice. Everyone has the right to say “Yes” or “No” to someone’s romantic or sexual interest. There is no obligation to return interest, and if a person rejects you, it does not make them an awful person. Especially when that person is your friend. I understand that rejection sucks. It hurts and it’s shitty when someone you like, want to have a relationship with, want to have sex with, etc. doesn’t return that interest. However, no one is obligated to be interested in you or want those things with you. While sex may very well be a human need, it is not something anyone has a right to, and thus we are not “owed” it.

See heres something you dont understand girl,

guys and girls who are being friendzoned dont even know it, they blindly believe they have a shot at their desired target (even after getting rejected multiple times), if they stay as the nice friends, listening, acting like a driver, like being the person to vent too, all for what?
Its pathetic guys/girls who fixate over people who dont want them.
Everyone around them knows it though.
Moment they realize it, like really realize it, they get the fuck out.

rinseandrep said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I don’t understand why “entitlement to sex” comes up when the friendzone is mentioned. It’s a synonym of rejection, and we don’t talk about entitlement when someone mentions rejection, we do it only when someone talks about going around the rejection, or fighting it, or any other creepy stuff.

Being nice to women just to have sex and expecting sex to happen just because you have been nice, and getting angry when sex doesn’t happen, yes, sucks as a concept, but what does that have to do with the friendzone? Yes, someone in the friendzone can do that, and do nice things hoping the person he/she wants to be in a relationship with will change idea and promote them to partner, but it doesn’t mean everybody who is sad about being friendzoned does it and needs to be scolded. Someone can be rejected and feel put in the friendzone, be sad it happened, but feeling entitled to sex/a relationship is a development that might or might not happen (or I should say, keep feeling entitled to sex/a relationship despite the rejection, since the two people might have met exactly because one of them was seeking a partner).
The concept of trying to ‘escape the friendzone’ can pose a problem, since it’s basically forcing and working your way around a “no”, but some people just stay in the ‘friendzone’ a while (specially if they can’t just cut contact with the other person and have to be around them while still feeling attracted to them) and then manage to move on, out of the friendzone. It’s hard to turn off feelings, and thus it would be good to stay apart a while before seeing if friendship is even possible.